Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
Still n900 everyday.

newton
motorola v195
sharp Zaurus 5500
n900

using my pebble with it, txt'n/mms, music with bluetooth & fm usage, terminal everyday, weather currently broken , vlc remote for desktop music, syncd w/owncloud for contact, cal, file sync, calls, RSS feed, photos when needed, Navigation sometime, tomboy syncing (with tomboy-ng), irc when needed, password manager (syncd), alarm clock when needed, hotspot, heart rate monitor linked to bluetooth device, text editor (markdown is great for this once sync), comic book reader when I had time, signing pdfs and for drawing in my paint (some time would use it for project sketches and brainstorming.

alrighty, didn't expect that list .. lol

waiting for sailfish, mama-leste, Nemo, or ubuntu all to become stable for me and then fx pro2 mini .... with pen ... I can dream!

never personally touch android, but keep up with it to know ... why I don't use it ... lol Apple devices once abandoned will become useless bricks. happen to me with newton and iPod touch 1st gen. So only left with open source software & hardware ... that is my future.

x

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Nokia N900 (multiboot problem?)
Nokia N900 (rootfs full?)
Nokia N900 (cellular chip not working anymore, but I still use it for pretty much everything - music, camera, ebooks, dictionary, email, telepathy/IRC, alarms, calendar..)
Samsung Soul U900 (cellular, and sometimes camera)
Fxtec Pro1 (Sailfish OS): cellular is fine, haven't tried camera yet, SirenSong music player for now, no good ebooks reader yet, trying to find a good offline dictionary, looking for email client, seeking telepathy, starting to use alarms, haven't figured out calendar yet.

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Right now using an Xperia X with Sailfish X. Had tried a Oneplus X with community port, but radio support in US was iffy. Certain times, certain places it was fine, in others not so much. Hardware-wise, I prefer the Oneplus -- double tap to wake, gestures to turn on flashlight or camera while locked and change media tracks. And the Poetic case looks and feels great! But if your spouse can't understand you when they call, all that doesn't matter.

I've also got a Oneplus One running UBPorts fka Ubuntu Touch. Just don't like the UI like I love Sailfish, so it's a backup. Also Bluetooth doesn't work with car.

And lately -- not technically a phone -- I've been playing around with a Samsung Slate tablet. About original iPad size, it was a cast-off from my wife's office and had been running a version of Windows Pro. I put stock Ubuntu Bionic Beaver (18.04) on it for fun. The virtual keyboard works okayish, but not perfectly. And no cursor keys on VKB! WTF on Linux, right? Also, it's probably a capacitive screen problem that the touchscreen is unreliable while I'm using it on a treadmill. Which of course is one of the primary applications for the device (the other is amusing the children with movies over extended road trips).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
N810
N900
N9
Jolla
Xperia X - SFOS
Xperia X Compact - SFOS

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Manatus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 89 | Thanked: 222 times | Joined on Jul 2013 @ Prague
N900
N9 16gb
N9 32gb
N900
Jolla 1
N900
Samsung S7
N900

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to glo-worm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Like your list glo-worm.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
My list would be before N900:

Nokia 3210 (actually bought it again couple of years ago and have golden cover plus white leather beltholder).

iPhone3gs (for shooting and making music and videos and music videos and posting to social media 24/7)

iPhone4s (got stoled) (for shooting and making music and videos and music videos and posting to social media 24/7)

Erickson Music Editioin (modded it to look like iPhone: macosmobile booting screen, safari and itunes skins plus iPhone desktop icons. First experience of flashing a phone and gave me confidence to start using linux - about over 10 years ago)

Now having N900 as a main phone and iPhone4s for whatsapp through wifi and VPN.

Hoping to be able to stick with N900 as long as possible. Love this device.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
N900, and the Pro1 if i'm on the go.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
Currently using a Xperia X and a Pro1, both running Sailfish. I look forward to being able to switch to the Pro1 completely; the two things that are holding me back right now are the bluetooth not working with the Pebble (which makes pausing/playing music/podcasts much more of a pain since I have to get the phone out) and the lack of a browser that can load the Google Voice website (since there hasn't been a working SFOS app for years).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
The same N900 I was using a decade ago.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post: