Banned | Posts: 206 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vancouver
oddly enough Nokias market share of smartphone actually increased last quarter, while it's stock plummeted. It's mostly due to asia and emerging markets however, Market share in North America is almost non-existent, and in europe it's on a sharp decline.

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Poor support? I don't call 3 updates in under a year poor support. Why you do is beyond me.

That said, I'm not a total brand loyalist. I've used other brands before. I choose my devices based on my needs, and investigate them before I choose. Nokia has been the winner at least 2 times in the 18 years I've been buying/using cell phones. (Motorola 3, Erickson 1, Other 1/2 ) If, in a few years when I start looking at new phones, Nokia is still on top of the game, and has a device to meet my needs, I'm there. If not, I'm somewhere else.

Banned | Posts: 206 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vancouver
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
Poor support? I don't call 3 updates in under a year poor support. Why you do is beyond me.
Because other companies have set the bar much higher with feature complete operating systems, and major OS updates, and not just a few minor bugfixes and addition of one or two features that should have been there in the first place?

Posts: 378 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
Well lets see.. i dont want an android phone.. the designs suck, and android is hugely overrated. Iphone is out of the question, Sony ericsson is a joke... LG? Never ever in my wildest dreams... the same with samsung. Anything else is not worth the meantioning....

Hmm.. that leaves me with Nokia.. so yeah, ill buy a nokia again... Nokia was nr 1 when 3210 came out, and was nr 1 when N95 came out.. And with the N900 they where still nr. 1... i have no doubt when Nokia comes with the next generation Phone... they will still be nr. 1... Say what you want, no one can show me a phone that has more features (with a little hacking) then the N900, all who dosent see that has bought a phone that is waaay to powerfull for you. And dont bring me that **** with "not enough games!"... only an idiot buys a phone for its games... you buy an N900 to hack.. end of discussion.

If we get updates & meego then yes, if not I'm giving my money somewhere else next time.

I buy around 2-3 phones a year and already got Galaxy s next to my N900 and least i have no problems with buying another Nokia.

Apple is great with the support, but other than Apple i think some people here actually don't have much to compare to N900 when it comes to support.
MeeGo phone with all the OVI services and the 6 months cycle of new MeeGo versions is something i'm waiting for.

All that said it's still no matter what people here talk (as long you have not gotten very bad service from Nokia) it's still all about the HW and UI. So lets see when that MeeGo phone gets announced if i'm interested of buying Nokia.

If it is as open as the N900 and networks are forbidden to put their outdated WAP services and restrictions on it again, then yes my next phone will be a Nokia.
But it all depends on the O/S. I think Nokia made a mistake with embedding Flash and MicroB into the O/S. These components should have been treated like plugins that could be updated/patched as and when needed.
I think that's going to be one of the deciding factors for me if there's more than one O/S available.

The Following User Says Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
don't simple count updates. count working updates and fixed bugs.
1.2 have broken basic functiomality. keyboard layout switching simply stop working.
mail still suck.
phone layout get broken.
it's not support.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kenga For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
And then they release Angryman onto the OVI store...

a n900 exclusive to bring out the best in your €600 device and make up for the lack of OVI apps over the past 7 months

Last edited by imperiallight; 2010-07-28 at 16:53.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to imperiallight For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Montevideo
Originally Posted by imperiallight View Post
I am not sure I have ever seen a cellphone device lose so much value so quickly.
There is a subtle but important difference between how much it cost, and how much it worth. For N900, in the last months, is costing less but worthing more.

Tags
nokiaisrelevant, noreally!