Notices

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Okay, so it's been long known that the DOSbox app has never worked with the stock maemo soft keyboard so imagine my excitement at installing it on the N900 coming from my N800.

However, the application does not recognize the input of any keyboard character that has to be in put while holding the blue alternate function key.

On the N900's three row keyboard, in addition to the vast majority of punctuation, this makes entering numbers impossible in DOSbox.

Anyone have a work around for this besides the obvious and ridiculously impractical VNC keyboard input?

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Dubai
I would like to know too.

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
It's not done yet because it requires me to go over a boring 30-minute process mapping all keys and I'm yet to find the time to do it

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Post the list, example and instructions here and someone might help :-)

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

Here you have the source for the N810 US layout.

The file is in codepage 858, but a 850 compatible editor will be enough. >

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Hi! I'm quite new with this sytem so my question is how to write / in dosbox? or is there someone who coul help me to get to work all keys behind blue arrow?

Question b: is there already some folder mounted to drive z? Because the missing / i can't mount my dos application folder so is there another way to access in those files. For example to copy those files to that drive z folder.

Thanks

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Originally Posted by Ratva View Post
Hi! I'm quite new with this sytem so my question is how to write / in dosbox? or is there someone who coul help me to get to work all keys behind blue arrow?

Question b: is there already some folder mounted to drive z? Because the missing / i can't mount my dos application folder so is there another way to access in those files. For example to copy those files to that drive z folder.

Thanks
In your tablet's DOSBOX install directory will be a readme file with instructions on how to mount volumes.

I've found the easiest way to mount your volumes is to have DOSBOX do it automatically.

So, pick a directory on your device where your DOS comparable files/games will live. (in my example this is /data/dosbox)

Go to your dosbox.conf file and add this to the bottom:

[autoexec]
# Lines in this section will be run at startup.
mount c /data/dosbox
c:

This mounts the drive as C: and changes you to that directory when the app starts.

Dosbox run good on n900. I can start sim city 2000 and heroes 2! But Graphics surface is a bit slow. Need internal graphics chip acceleration (Is possible?)

Last edited by TheThane; 2009-12-13 at 02:26.

MS-DOS and 3d acceleration?

Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
MS-DOS and 3d acceleration?
Not sorry, speed is good but rendering in game is slow. Is possible optimize and use PowerVR SGX530 chip for accelerate dosbox rendering?