After the bad experience of getting support for N900 from Nokia, would you buy your next mobile from nokia as your next mobile phone ?

If you don't like this topic, please don't reply..... Thanks

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cmsjkung For This Useful Post:
Depends on what will the meego devices be like but then the n900 will happily do me for at least another 2 years unless it falls to pieces or something.

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
definetly yes.
im not sad of the crappy nokia "support" because my phone has a phenomenal community.and for all my issues exists a solution from the community.
but if the next nokia device wouldnt have a good community i would probably dont buy because we all now how nokia handles his "flagships"

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
n900 has probably taught users to wait with any Nokia new release, as there is a good chance they will abandon the device and/or offer shoddy product development if past history is anything to go by.

But as long as the hardware is Kosher and quality and there is sufficient independence i.e community and different operating systems installed, as well as the user being able to adapt to fixes and challenges (not that they should have to) one can find reasons to buy the device.

Last edited by imperiallight; 2010-07-28 at 14:39.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by cmsjkung View Post
After the bad experience of getting support for N900 from Nokia, would you buy your next mobile from nokia as your next mobile phone ?

If you don't like this topic, please don't reply..... Thanks
Yes I will cause I have no problem with my N900 most people here a most ****** whinners that bought wrong mobile than blame nokia for theyr own mistakes.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
I am not happy with nokia because N900 just released for 2.5 months in my country and Nokia handles this phone just like a old release model mobile phone......

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cmsjkung For This Useful Post:
Posts: 229 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bulgaria
If Nokia is looking after my N900 for at least one more year with updates, software, meego OS ( by Nokia or by Linux Foundation)- I will consider to buy some of the next meego devices.
Regards.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jorjino For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
If Nokia is looking after my N900 for at least one more year with updates, software, meego OS ( by Nokia or by Linux Foundation)- I will consider to buy some of the next meego devices.
Regards.
It wasn't a natural thing, they didn't want to offer any Meego support. It was only after huge outcry that they offered some compatibilty. Disgusting.

But as this says:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...3&postcount=42

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imperiallight For This Useful Post:
Defo yes, I love the n900 with or without nokia support.

And i'm going to be recommending my g/f to get the n8 mainly for the camera and free sat nav, plus its not goina have the same downfalls as the n97... I just WONT be an earlier adopter!

Originally Posted by jorjino View Post
Regards.
Yes, agreed with your points.....

The Following User Says Thank You to cmsjkung For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokiaisrelevant, noreally!