Notices

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Would love to, but I don't have bluetooth headset (yet) and I can't force my notebook bluetooth module to appear as A2DP device to N900. So, You must count on others here

/Estel
if you have notebook with bluetooth module and some modern linux distribution with bluez 4 and pulseaudio, I can help you to configure notebook as A2DP headphones. write me email for more info.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Originally Posted by pali View Post
Who tested my new autopause implementation for bluetooth headsets? I'd like to know if this implementation is better or not.
Not a feature I'm interested in TBH, but I tested it for you anyway. It does stop the playback pretty quickly, only a fraction of a second after disconnecting my bluetooth headphones. However it also stops playback when switching back to my bluetooth headphones, and also a couple of times when I had the daemon running the audio didn't actually switch to my bluetooth headphones after they connected.

I couldn't find the option for the feature in openmediaplayer to compare it against, I'm running what appears to be the latest version in the repo (20120326-1), is it only in a newer version available elsewhere, or am I just being blind and can't see it.

New version of OMP with auto pause was not released yet. You can compare it only with headphoned application from extras-devel.

If you think that my daemon pausing playback when shouldnt, write output of daemon when paused playback. Before my daemon pausing playback it should write reason.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Ok, I installed headphoned; if anything, headphoned stops playback quicker than your daemon does.

Your daemon doesn't give any output for stopping playback, just the messages about switching audio sinks which happens whether anything is playing or not. Heres a sample with the MAC of of bluetooth headphone removed
Code:
Master device changed from 'sink.hw0' to 'bluez_sink.<mac>'
Master device changed from 'bluez_sink.<mac>' to 'sink.hw0'

Originally Posted by retsaw View Post
Ok, I installed headphoned; if anything, headphoned stops playback quicker than your daemon does.
The way how headphoned pausing playback is now implemented in OMP git and will be in next extras-devel version.

If my daemon is slower then headphoned, then currently implemented version in OMP will be enought.

Your daemon doesn't give any output for stopping playback, just the messages about switching audio sinks which happens whether anything is playing or not. Heres a sample with the MAC of of bluetooth headphone removed
Code:
Yes, daemon write reason when stopping playback (device changed). If you think that my daemon stopped playback when it shouldnt, show line which daemon written when stopped playback.

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pali View Post
Yes, daemon write reason when stopping playback (device changed). If you think that my daemon stopped playback when it shouldnt, show line which daemon written when stopped playback.
It writes those lines whether or not anything is playing, so I guess it always tries to stop playback when the output device changes to or from the bluetooth device, so a more specific answer to your question I don't think it should stop playback on this line
Code:
It does not make sense to me to stop playback on connection to bluetooth headphones since you connect them when you want to use them.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to retsaw For This Useful Post:
It writes those lines whether or not anything is playing, so I guess it always tries to stop playback when the output device changes to or from the bluetooth device, so a more specific answer to your question I don't think it should stop playback on this line
Code:
It does not make sense to me to stop playback on connection to bluetooth headphones since you connect them when you want to use them.
Yes, you are right. I see. Daemon should not stop when master device is changed from sink.hw0

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 863 | Thanked: 213 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Goa
how to change background of entertainment view??

Get source code, edit it, and compile You can also make it customizable and send patches/merge requests.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 863 | Thanked: 213 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Goa
im sorry im noob plz tell me how to do it exactly

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse