Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
That'll be the day when someone catches me running any android apps!

It's a sin, you know?
lol... so sorry I brought it up.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
@juiceme I know you never use android apps as I know. lol

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TMavica For This Useful Post:
Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by Bubbless View Post
Little birds told me that the camera on Jolla C/Intex is (a lot) better than the one in Jolla.
That wouldn't be all that difficult

I don't think warranty should be the real concern here. Jolla would have to give you warranty after all (and IAAL, OTH- who wants to go to court in Finland over 170 EUR ?). The fact that Jolla even tries to get away without giving anyone a warranty is what should trouble you.

Again- i really, really would love seeing Jolla succeed. But boy, they make some strange mistakes, don't they ?

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Veraendert For This Useful Post:
Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
Originally Posted by Veraendert View Post
I don't think warranty should be the real concern here. Jolla would have to give you warranty after all (and IAAL, OTH- who wants to go to court in Finland over 170 EUR ?). The fact that Jolla even tries to get away without giving anyone a warranty is what should trouble you.

Again- i really, really would love seeing Jolla succeed. But boy, they make some strange mistakes, don't they ?
I think you should read all information on that topic with more attention before jumping into a conclusion.
This is pretty clear that the absence of warranty is entirely related to the fact that they are not anymore in the hardware business so they do not have (anymore) any facility to handle warranty especially the sort of strict warranty inside the EU. This is not an easy business with all the regulations to follow, plus all the competition, the patents...etc... You cannot just sell a device and send complaints to nowhere.
But they want to have us on board which is nice! So they found this program which is not selling a device but a service. So somehow the warranty is not as strict and we can just try to find an agreement with them when we have a problem with the hardware.

People complain when Jolla is not proposing a device. Now they complain that they are offering something?
They almost disappear and they still struggle to survive. Forget about Jolla offering a perfect service for you! This is only for dreamers of a better world
But a dream never fully materialise so one should have low expectations as well...

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to P@t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by P@t View Post
So somehow the warranty is not as strict
Good luck convincing a judge of that, though.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
Good luck convincing a judge of that, though.
What do you think Jolla should have done ?
- offer a warranty that they cannot in fine respect because they do not have the infrastructure for that (and so pretty much lie)
- say that the warranty is not guaranteed and hope that nobody would register and go on trial at the first problem. If you have a problem, they clearly said 'we will do our best to help'
- not offer that program at all

I believe they've done their best ...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to P@t For This Useful Post:
Of course selling a device is what they do. They even stated that the price for the device is barely enough to cover the costs.

Apple doesn´t build the iPhone. Foxconn does. Yet Apple provides full warranty.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Veraendert For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Veraendert View Post
Of course selling a device is what they do. They even stated that the price for the device is barely enough to cover the costs.

Apple doesn´t build the iPhone. Foxconn does. Yet Apple provides full warranty.
Jolla does not sell the device. They sold limited places in the Community Program, which among other privileges includes a developer device (and those never come with any warranty because they're not consumer products).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Jolla C was briefly for sale today (unless it was a mistake which they have corrected now).

Last edited by Bubbless; 2016-05-30 at 17:40.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bubbless For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla c, sailfish os