Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 201 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ San Francisco, CA
Ah -- so he did! Thanks, Flandry... I should have thought to check, too.

Alright, I'll go ahead and give it a shot, then. Any time you'd like to take over, though, feel free.

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Germany
Originally Posted by ldrn View Post
Here are optified versions of the files (data probably does not need to be updated, also I edited the post above):

freeciv-client-sdl_2.1.8-0maemo1.0.1_armel.deb

freeciv-server_2.1.8-0maemo1.0.1_armel.deb
freeciv-server_2.1.8-0maemo1.0.1_armel.deb
You seem to have linked the Server files twice? Which data file is the right one (there are three on the server)?

Thanks,
Corwin

Ack, sorry. Fixed the links -- any version would have worked, but I got rid of the extra files now.

The Following User Says Thank You to ldrn For This Useful Post:
Ack, sorry. Fixed the links -- any version would have worked, but I got rid of the extra files now.
Looks like the data is not optified and is installing to /usr/share, thats going to fill the old rootfs pretty quickly.

Would be great if we could get a deb that was optified for that. I really appreciate your work on this. One of my favourite linux games.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
Looks like the data is not optified and is installing to /usr/share, thats going to fill the old rootfs pretty quickly.

Would be great if we could get a deb that was optified for that. I really appreciate your work on this. One of my favourite linux games.
Thank you! Mine too. (I love the commercial series, too.)

Even though it looks like it goes to /usr/share/games/freeciv, but it should be putting a symlink to the internal memory (default) or the external memory depending on what you chose when it installed. Of course, something could be going wrong...

I think I can safely have it just install to /opt or MyDocs now, though -- that was a brilliant solution for the N8x0, but we don't need it for the N900 with the huge internal storage. I'll update it to do that soon.

Thank you! Mine too. (I love the commercial series, too.)

Even though it looks like it goes to /usr/share/games/freeciv, but it should be putting a symlink to the internal memory (default) or the external memory depending on what you chose when it installed. Of course, something could be going wrong...

I think I can safely have it just install to /opt or MyDocs now, though -- that was a brilliant solution for the N8x0, but we don't need it for the N900 with the huge internal storage. I'll update it to do that soon.
Well regardless of what I select it still seems to install to rootfs /usr/share.

I guess I can move it and make a symlink - but for those less tech savvy we may have a problem.

If you didn't change the postinst script, it installs always to rootfs, because internal mmc location is not the same in N900 as it was in N8x0. It doesn't make sense to use user selectable install location anymore so it's best to use /opt. If MyDocs was used you should check on install time and on startup that it's really usable (not used through usb).

Originally Posted by mikkov View Post
If you didn't change the postinst script, it installs always to rootfs, because internal mmc location is not the same in N900 as it was in N8x0. It doesn't make sense to use user selectable install location anymore so it's best to use /opt. If MyDocs was used you should check on install time and on startup that it's really usable (not used through usb).
Ah... that makes sense. I went with that and did, and sure enough, Bratag was right.

freeciv-data_2.1.8-0maemo1.0.2_all.deb

This version is entirely optified, aside from the program icons.

Posts: 237 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ San Diego, CA
Ah... that makes sense. I went with that and did, and sure enough, Bratag was right.

freeciv-data_2.1.8-0maemo1.0.2_all.deb

This version is entirely optified, aside from the program icons.
Thanks for the port, downloading now.

Funny that you mention the program icons.
My icons directory was approaching 40mb already, and given the ridiculously small / partition, I have moved my /usr/share/icons dir to MyDocs and symlinked back, can't wait to see how much havock the first OTA update is going wreak on my customizations

Originally Posted by go1dfish View Post
Thanks for the port, downloading now.

Funny that you mention the program icons.
My icons directory was approaching 40mb already, and given the ridiculously small / partition, I have moved my /usr/share/icons dir to MyDocs and symlinked back, can't wait to see how much havock the first OTA update is going wreak on my customizations
You should be a tad careful with symlinking rootfs parts to Mydocs - it is definitely mounted later in the boot process as was discovered when someone tried to make a start script for proftpd I ported.

Could be nasty if the system goes for something at boot that isnt there.

That said you should be reasonably ok with icons

Tags
freeciv sdl, games, new port