Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
Exec=/usr/bin/browser_dbuscmd.sh load_url file:///home/user/MyDocs/<html file name>
The entry appears on luncher but after tap it nothing happens
This is my entry:
Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Version=0.1
Type=Application
Name=Omnix
Exec=/usr/bin/browser_dbuscmd.sh load_url file:///home/user/MyDocs/Documents/smsN9.html
Icon=/usr/share/themes/blanco/meegotouch/icons/icon-l-mail.png
Originally Posted by erendorn View Post
have you tried typing the url of your file ( file:///home/user/MyDocs/<html file name> ) in the browser and then "add to home" like any website?
It was my firs idea but it doesn't work. After tap "Add to home screen" it starts to create a shortcut but it never ends (button "Add" is inactive) and I have to cancel it

EDIT: Button "Add" was inactive but I've just pressed "Enter" on the VKB and the shortcut was created The only problem is that I can't change the icon.

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Originally Posted by cynik606 View Post

EDIT: Button "Add" was inactive but I've just pressed "Enter" on the VKB and the shortcut was created The only problem is that I can't change the icon.
If that's the only problem left, can't you just edit the *.desktop file created when you used the "Add to homescreen" button and change the .png file that the Icon value points to?

Originally Posted by catbus View Post
Hi

Sorry, I borrow this topic... Can someone tell how to make launcher for multible instances of application... like terminal?

I'd like to make different laucher for terminal with top but if i have terminal allready running that does not work...

Thank You
And answer was:

Exec=meego-terminal -n -e top

Problem solved...

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
If that's the only problem left, can't you just edit the *.desktop file created when you used the "Add to homescreen" button and change the .png file that the Icon value points to?
It was also my first idea but the problem was that favorites shortcuts are in different location. After research I found it here:
Code:
/home/user/.local/share/applications
(BTW it's interesting directory )
This is favourit entry on luncher:
Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Type=Link
Name=Omnix
URL=file:///home/user/MyDocs/Documents/smsN9.html
Icon=/usr/share/themes/blanco/meegotouch/icons/icon-l-mail.png
Works fine, thanks 4 all! topic to close!

On a related note how to the .desktop files get created? is it by HAM?

I have recently reflashed my device through playing with power kernel, all working again now except there are a few icons missing from the application menu including alarmd

I have purged and reinstalled alarmd and there is still no icon, apt-get insists it is installed at the latest version. I could make a .desktop file but I have noticed that there are other icons missing so believe there might be a package missing.

I checked hildon-desktop, maemo-list-user-packages, both at latest versions, done "apt-get check"

Any suggestions?

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 732 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by gus_uk View Post
On a related note how to the .desktop files get created? is it by HAM?
It's not automatically created. The desktop files are written by whoever maintains the package (the developer, packager, etc.). So it needs to be in the package along with the application binary and whatever else comes with the application. If a user application package is missing desktop file, it's a bug in it's packaging.

Could someone please tell me how to make a .desktop file that simply opens a media file in the media player (.mp3 e.g.)

Thanks in advance.