Posts: 235 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Costa Rica
Originally Posted by afaq View Post
not sure already posted but this list of apps is worth getting excited for

http://nokiagadgets.com/?cat=265
Waze?

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Prolly already posted ages ago, it's "here" folks, ALMOST.
http://mynokiablog.com/2011/09/29/no...re-and-online/

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
danish unboxing video link on www.meegosweden.com forum! When do I get a chance unboxing mine

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
danish unboxing video link on www.meegosweden.com forum! When do I get a chance unboxing mine
ooooo On cdon they now expect mid November

Better hurry up and order from a carrier. Mine will be sent tomorrow (hopefully)

Nokia preps Linux-based Meltemi OS for feature phones, says report
http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/N...-Tizen-update/
WSJ report could still be entirely bogus of course...

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
I hope this is true!!! wipe out that ****ing broken symbian **** in favour of maemo7 (cause it sounds more like that its all about) Around mid 2012 those low/midend devices is running at >600mhz cpu:s...

this could be a logical step and a reason to beleive nokia when saying Nokia N9 will be supported for long and we will see swipe on more devices.

but this may ofcourse fail if N9 doesnt sell well cause of an ashoe CEO who may damage it...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Eh? Ngage?
No, tear-down... T-E-A-R_D-O-W-N!
That clearer?

He also talked through clenched teeth the entire time.
Made me wonder whether they were welded together, if he was under an enormous amount of stress or if he was seething angry and ready to lunge at the camera person.
Hehehe... poor little bugger, he looked scared.

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
He knows that he's going to have to film a few of those videos with a Windoze Phone in his hands, with Steve Ballmer standing behind the camera ready to throw a chair at him if he's anything less than glowing.
LOL, I reckon Ballmer would be a scary boss

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
No I am getting pissed (as usual) cause katshing.se send a mail to some people today "now you can order N9 shipping next week".

Then i got to the homepage and now it says next deliver expected around 27 october WTF!!! already out of stock :O

I preordered mine 2 september and hadn't got a mail yet about if I will get one next week
Surely you'd be in the 1st batch if you ordered on the 2nd.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Old news. Could be bogus, but it makes too much sense. Meltemi obviously is Maemo 7, after Harmattan (Maemo 6). Already the N9 is sold out, even before it's actually being sent to any customers. I honestly doubt Nokia WP will experience anything remotely similar, they will have to fight a uphill battle all from the very beginning.

Meltemi is "the next billion" and it will be Maemo+Swipe+Qt. S40 + Swipe is still a possibility IMO, but seeing the popularity of the N9, several more devices based around the same concept running Maemo is bound to happen even with S40 devices.

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
There is already a thread in the MeeGo-Harmattan section. http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=75639

It's still labelled as 'work in progress' atm. The thread was started by smegheadz as a request, so only he can change the title. I'm more than happy to discuss my work with anyone that is interested.

There are a few threads in that section dedicated to Meego-Harmattan applications, but not nearly enough considering the number of N950s out there (300 amongst community developers). That's why I agreed with your earlier post about the lack of communication from those with N950s.
The contract all of them have signed clearly states limitations on disclosures.

The Following User Says Thank You to momcilo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
Old news. Could be bogus, but it makes too much sense. Meltemi obviously is Maemo 7, after Harmattan (Maemo 6). Already the N9 is sold out, even before it's actually being sent to any customers. I honestly doubt Nokia WP will experience anything remotely similar, they will have to fight a uphill battle all from the very beginning.

Meltemi is "the next billion" and it will be Maemo+Swipe+Qt. S40 + Swipe is still a possibility IMO, but seeing the popularity of the N9, several more devices based around the same concept running Maemo is bound to happen even with S40 devices.

But we dont have a clue how many N9 has been delivered yet.... and still not marketed in US/UK.

also if people have to wait for long for get the damn device they get pissed and cancel orders.

and next week the hype commpany release theyr next phone....

so nokia have to improve marketing of n9 like HELL if they want n9 to success. first then maybe maemo7 will get a chance.....

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????