Posts: 279 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade, Serbia
About 15 minutes ago i was trying to change the lock screen background. Then when i finished, i wanted to change the swiper. And, i found that there were two almost identical swipers. The first one is called "LockSliderThumb.png", and the second one is "LockSliderThumbPortrait.png". Now, why would swiper for portrait mode be there if N900 doesn't support portrait mode? Well i think it does, but nokia is just waiting for the right moment to activate it. What do you think about this?

EDIT: By the way, this is what i made:
The lock screen background:

The Swiper:

Last edited by white_ranger; 2010-02-02 at 02:27.

this is not news. you can already make the web browser go into portrait mode since the last update. do a search

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Miami
Yes I noticed that too. I guess they have some icons set up for portrait mode but its not properly working. The desktop, widgets, and apps dont support it. There are ways to force it into portrait mode but it doesnt look right because the resolution is the opposite. Once Nokia changes it so the home screen and widgets can change resolution when the screen is rotated, it should work successfully. FYI there is also a portrait dialer in that theme folder. I guessing Nokia has prepared some files for portrait mode but it isnt fully implemented. But these files suggest that it will be available in a later update

Last edited by waleed786; 2010-02-02 at 02:13.

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
I saw that file too.. but didn't know what it's actually for.. But my guess is that it isn't what you're thinking.. (maybe I am wrong though)..

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Miami
Originally Posted by intofx View Post
this is not news. you can already make the web browser go into portrait mode since the last update. do a search
I dont think he was talking about just the web browser. The lockslider has nothing to do with the browser

Originally Posted by intofx View Post
Yes i know about that. But when you're browsing the internet in portrait and lock the phone, and then press the power button the lock screen is not in portrait.

Hey, i just found out that there are a lot more backgrounds hidden on nokia N900 that are made for portrait. Does this mean something?

Posts: 241 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Isn't it possible to get the menus into portrait mode? I think there was a youtube video demonstrating portrait menu on the n900.

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipek-5WzvXk

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Kaiserslautern - Germany
If you lock your N900 when you are in the phone app you will see that the portrait slider image is used.... (if you changed it )

Im fairly sure theres a virtual keyboard for portrait too, i've tried randomly making my phone stick for that bit longer and im fairly sure the keys get re-arranged properly.