Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by Dockman View Post
Woohoo! I've been desperate for an Office editor for my N9 ever since I bought it (last year). Hopefully a step forward
Originally Posted by http://www.calligra.org/news/calligra-2-4-released/
Nokia uses the Calligra Office engine in the Documents application on Harmattan Meego. Every N9 user already has Calligra installed on their phone!
Any comment about that?

Anyway, I'm on my way to try to package it for Fremantle, let's see what I'll come up with.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
The Calligra on the N9 is not Calligra Active - It's a viewer, not an editor.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dockman For This Useful Post:
Ok, just to let you know what's going on after my first attempts and search for information: this is hell calligra compilation needs kde libs and I'm still not sure if compiling either Mobile (seems to be a bit unmaitained) or Active (seems to still be quite alpha-stage) will bring editing features to N900...

The documentation is not something they like writing, too http://techbase.kde.org/index.php?ti...ue&oldid=54703 which is supposed to provide Calligra compilation instructions for N900 in QtCreator in fact just shows how to compile and run example Qt application and gives tips how to compile and run FreOffice (which is allready packaged and doesn't work quite well, at least from my experience).

And wikipedia as well as some other surces state that
Calligra Mobile is a version for smartphone-like formfactors. Its main purpose is to serve as document viewer ...
Calligra Active was launched after the Plasma Active initiative to provide a document viewer similar to Calligra Mobile but for tablet computers.
and, one could argue that the first sentence ends with "simple editing features are also available", but if you think that's reliable information - look at the source of this words, the quoted page states that editing features are only planned and atm the code can't be even compiled for n900 (only for desktop)...

I managed to compile it on my desktop (but the full version, neither Mobile nor Active), so I need to ask this: are any of you sure that either mobile or active version supports editing? If noone is sure, I'll need to figure out how to compile these flavours on desktop and check by myself, but don't get over excited, it's not a 10-minutes work, I hope to have this finished before next week (I have time only in the evenings unfortunately)

edit: this is also useless.
edit2: sorry i must have mistaken the url which states that it does not compile for n900, but i bet it was somewhere on www.calligra.org . Anyway, disregard that. Atm, even cmake complains in sdk.
edit3: i found out how to compile Calligra Mobile for desktop, will try today and check how it works, if it works, will try to port all dependencies and then Calligra to Fremantle

Last edited by misiak; 2012-07-03 at 19:56.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Status report: I've came a bit further in compiling it for N900, mainly because of kolab.org repository:
deb http://files.kolab.org/local/maemo fremantle testing extras
deb-src http://files.kolab.org/local/maemo fremantle testing extras
which has lots of calligra dependencies allready compiled and downloadable for N900 (compiling them by myself was too painful). But I've hit a major roadblock:
In file included from /home/misiak/calligra/build/libs/main/../../../src/calligra-2.4.3/libs/main/rdf/KoRdfFoaFTreeWidgetItem.h:24,
from /home/misiak/calligra/build/libs/main/moc_KoRdfFoaFTreeWidgetItem.cpp:10,
from /home/misiak/calligra/build/libs/main/komain_automoc.cpp:12:
/home/misiak/calligra/build/libs/main/../../../src/calligra-2.4.3/libs/main/rdf/KoRdfFoaF.h:28:33: error: kabc/stdaddressbook.h: No such file or directory
/home/misiak/calligra/build/libs/main/../../../src/calligra-2.4.3/libs/main/rdf/KoRdfFoaF.h:29:30: error: kabc/addressbook.h: No such file or directory
In file included from /home/misiak/calligra/build/libs/main/moc_KoRdfCalendarEvent.cpp:10,
from /home/misiak/calligra/build/libs/main/komain_automoc.cpp:15:
/home/misiak/calligra/build/libs/main/../../../src/calligra-2.4.3/libs/main/rdf/KoRdfCalendarEvent.h:27:36: error: kcal/calendarresources.h: No such file or directory
/home/misiak/calligra/build/libs/main/../../../src/calligra-2.4.3/libs/main/rdf/KoRdfCalendarEvent.h:28:32: error: kcal/calendarlocal.h: No such file or directory
/home/misiak/calligra/build/libs/main/../../../src/calligra-2.4.3/libs/main/rdf/KoRdfCalendarEvent.h:29:29: error: kcal/vcalformat.h: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [libs/main/CMakeFiles/komain.dir/komain_automoc.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [libs/main/CMakeFiles/komain.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
I was trying to solve these errors: e.g. on my desktop ubuntu 64bit, file "kabc/stdaddressbook.h" is in package kdepimlibs5-dev , but installing this package in maemo sdk didn't help (and dpkg -L doesn't show this file for kdepimlibs5-dev package, so it's not there on kolab.org's version). If anyone's interested, I made these steps in sdk with these results:
1. add kolab.org deb and deb-src repositories to /etc/apt/sources.list as noted above and run "apt-get update"
2. Here are commands that I've run next: commands.txt
3. Here are results of cmake command: cmake.out.txt and cmake.err.txt
4. Here are results of make command: make.out.txt (you may get more text, as I've re-run this command few times, so if you run it for the first time, more logs with information which sources are being built will be printed) and finally make's error: make.err.txt

Does anyone know of different repositories with kde packages for Fremantle? Or how can I tune these packages (change some options after apt-get source SOMEPACKAGE) to be built in a way that generates missing files? When I succeed, I plan to upload all needed sources from kolab.org to extras-devel and then calligra package itself. But I'm blocked atm, I give up for today, will try something more tomorrow in the evening. If you were involved in Freoffice development or know someone who was, you can also give me a tip who to ping (I suspect they might have faced same or similar problems). I'll try to contact kolab.org guys, they might help.

Edit: resources that gave me more or less valuable information:
- calligra-devel mailing list
- building KDE in Madde (I was using these information when I was trying to compile KDE dependencies earlier, in SDK - not MADDE, but instructions were a bit helpful either way)
- Building Calligra on Windows - suprisingly, it describes more cmake command line parameters (like -DBUILD_mobile=on, etc.) than "standard" Building Calligra page and Maemo-specific instructions (which tell something about Freoffice, but are garbage anyway)

Last edited by misiak; 2012-07-08 at 20:27.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Thanks for this effort. The discovery of these repositories might be useful for other developers as well.

Another status report: I managed to build it on my desktop Ubuntu, but the mobile version looks like garbage (and can't display any document anyway), but I think things may look different in Maemo

I digged through this dependancy hell, if anyone's interested, here is output of
Code:
dpkg -l | grep kde
for Ubuntu (virtual machine with 10.04 32bit) and scratchbox. I noticed it compiled in Ubuntu using KDE 4.4 and didn't want to compile in Scratchbox using wild combination of KDE 4.5 and KDE 4.6 libraries. So I dug deeper and deeper throught the sources (apt-get source kdepimlibs and apt-get build-dep kdepimlibs) and found out that:

1. WTF, apt-get install kdepimlibs installs version 4.6.4020110214.1821.git7f2d634-1maemo1.1219266 while apt-get source kdepimlibs downloads sources for version 4.6.40.20110209.1419.gitcb86eff-1maemo1.1219266 and this version is build after building - what a mess in a repository!

2. in file kabc/CMakeLists.txt the files I'm missing are surrounded by block "if (NOT KDEPIM_NO_KRESOURCES)", so KDEPIM_NO_KRESOURCES has to be set to FALSE to build them (but in /usr/share/kde4/apps/cmake/modules/KDEPlatformProfile.cmake it's set to TRUE, I guess same applies to kcal-related error

3. If i set this value to FALSE, enter kdepimlibs-4.6.40.20110209.1419.gitcb86eff directory and run
Code:
fakeroot dpkg-buildpackate
, build fails miserably with message
make: *** [check-missing-files] Error 1
and spits out bazillion of files "which were installed but not packaged". The build is clearly broken when KDEPIM_NO_KRESOURCES is set to FALSE. Some packages are generated, but I cannot install them anyway, because of version mismatch :/ I need to recompile more stuff than I thought, but after recompiling all dependencies and kdepimlibs (along with all libraries which are generated from its sources, like libkabc4, etc.) withc KDEPIM_NO_KRESOURCES set to FALSE I should finally be able to at least compile Calligra mobile (unless there'll be other errors). If I won't be able to, I'll try to port Ubuntu 10.04's KDE 4.5 libs - at least I know Calligra is somewhat compilable with them.

Side note: does anyone know how to build Calligra Active? -DBUILD_active=on seems to do nothing when running cmake...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland

The Following User Says Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
Calligra 2.5 is out.
And,
Originally Posted by http://www.calligra.org/news/calligra-2-5-released/
At the same time as the desktop version, the community also releases a QML based version for tablets and smartphone: Calligra Active. The Calligra team has decided to focus on Calligra Active as the main mobile version for the future.
So I think I should cease my efforts of compiling Calligra Mobile and try Calligra Active instead. I managed to compile Calligra Mobile few times on my desktop, but it was totally useless and couldn't even read any document... I will try Calligra Active 2.5 during next few days and see if it works.

Btw, even if I do this, I doubt it could be used normally in near future - I have been reading emails in project's mailing list for past few weeks and it seems like there are still some major problems even with native (ODF) format support (in some cases Words is even unable to open documents it created). But, even though, I want to do it.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by misiak View Post
And,

So I think I should cease my efforts of compiling Calligra Mobile and try Calligra Active instead. I managed to compile Calligra Mobile few times on my desktop, but it was totally useless and couldn't even read any document... I will try Calligra Active 2.5 during next few days and see if it works.

Btw, even if I do this, I doubt it could be used normally in near future - I have been reading emails in project's mailing list for past few weeks and it seems like there are still some major problems even with native (ODF) format support (in some cases Words is even unable to open documents it created). But, even though, I want to do it.
I guess it is great news despite the limits you just mentioned. It might be a good thing to read from them that they will support and further develop the mobile version, right?

Posts: 545 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ lebanon
Coffice - Calligra on Android available now .

http://blogs.kde.org/2013/03/24/coff...-available-now

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to myname24 For This Useful Post: