Notices

did anybody noticed that built in theme DN is having more bluetooth problems than the other one. i just changed theme to DN and all of sudden bluetooth problems started. switch back to blue theme most of the problems gone. any solutions here?

Shame on nokia $550 phone with only two themes and that are currupted one. is maemo dev team not even able to come up with just 2 themes that will work with their own software perfectly. they can make whole OP.sys from scratch and forget to give good basic elements.
what was the rush for, to release device in so hurry. everyday passes nokia is getting out of compitition-atleast in US.

Originally Posted by biren11 View Post
did anybody noticed that built in theme DN is having more bluetooth problems than the other one. i just changed theme to DN and all of sudden bluetooth problems started. switch back to blue theme most of the problems gone.
Errr.... Could you please explain how changing a bunch of graphics is going to affect your Bluetooth?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fms For This Useful Post:
Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Shame on nokia $550 phone with only two themes and that are currupted one. is maemo dev team not even able to come up with just 2 themes that will work with their own software perfectly. they can make whole OP.sys from scratch and forget to give good basic elements.
what was the rush for, to release device in so hurry. everyday passes nokia is getting out of compitition-atleast in US.
Bleh bleh bleh. Why don't you just go to engadget or something? It's really getting annoying that everyone appends this "uhuuuuu nokia sucks" -part in their post. I couldn't care less of your angst. Go buy an iPhone.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joppu For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I seriously doubt that this is up to changing the theme folder from /usr/share/nokia nseries/ to /usr/share/digital nature/ (which is essentially what happens in the background when you choose) and that this would affect any of the hardware's functionality. let me rephrase it, that's complete BS!

btw I just tried it to confirm/waive your issue and I can connect and use my bluetooth headset no matter which theme I use. normal phone usage as well as A2DP works just fine in both themes.

would you at least mind to share which problems arise in your case?

because "bluetooth problems" is quite generic to be able to help

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Chicago/D.C./Katowice
did anybody noticed that built in theme DN is having more bluetooth problems than the other one. i just changed theme to DN and all of sudden bluetooth problems started. switch back to blue theme most of the problems gone. any solutions here?

if you're going to make up a lie, make it believable at least

Posts: 188 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
You can do
Code:
dpkg -L hildon-theme-beta
in Terminal and check what Digital Nature theme contains - bunch of pngs, ie. graphics. It does not have anything to do with your BT problems. When theme is changed, basically just a symlink to current theme changes to point to new graphics and they're loaded. If theme would be broken, you'd see missing or distorted graphics, not BT problems or any other functionality issues of that kind.

cell-modem-ui: home | packages - status: 0.5.1-1 in Extras
nowplayingd: home | packages - status: 0.1-2 in extras-devel
custom-pwkmenu: home - no packages yet.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
I betcha he changed profiles too.

SLN member # 009

The Following User Says Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England

ignoring the randomness of that post, has anyone else noticed if you sort your picture files by date, the themes/backgrounds etc are dated as february 09 (Didn't warrant another post lol) - looks like they did a bunch and left it at that - not complaining, like em all

by the way i DID NOT BUY N900 to return it and go buy IPHONE. why everybody is afraid of iphone when iam not even mentioning it. looks like there are people already frustrated by N900. but situation is they are afraid of expressing it. shame on them who are afraid of it. look the problem is there regardless of how much you and me love nokia & N900. understand its new but there should not be glitches in basic. what were testers doing when nokia initially gave phones to test it. whats the whole point for testing.may be its my bluetooth but when it works fine with blue theme, its supposed to work with DN theme too. why its not working that remains to be figure out. if i knew how to figure out, i would have not posted this topic. just seeking answers. and regardless we cannot change whats happening in current market.its a million dollor question how long people like me will keep loving nokia with this kind of situation going on.

just wanted to let know that when in DN theme i cannot hear other party on BT or on phone even switching to phone from phone interface. no sound at all. nothing else changed just changed theme from settings.

and dont think people posting their questions are dumb like many of them answering the posts.
was seeking answer not their timepassing comments. looks like half of them are just passing time .

If anyone is still interested, there are now over 7 additional themes availible for the N900: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=447047&postcount=1