Posts: 205 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ manila, philippines
hi. i was just wondering if there is a way to speed up and smoothen the desktop scrolling? coz i have noticed that it lags sometimes and there are noticable jagged edges on the icons as they move from screen to screen specially when i scroll it slow.

i have installed nitdroid and the scrolling of the desktop on it is very smooth so i think that it is not a hardware limitation.

is there a script or something to do the job?

TIA

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Simply there is nothing what you can do. Look for maemo bugzilla and use search
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=63885

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
oh so the drivers are closed. that is not a good decision.

im not familiar with technical terms. so there is no way to edit the drivers?

how come nitdroid was able to pull off the smooth desktop scrolling despite the problem mentioned?

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Afaik both meego and nitroid use different drivers, which is why the scrolling framerate and vsync issues appear to be cured. The problem lies within the drivers for Maemo 5, which are closed source and very difficult to reverse engineer.

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

ah. so maemo 5 cant borrow drivers from meego for example?

it is just ironic that the platform made for n900 restricts it's hardware potential. nokia should do something abt that. i mean if the dev team responsible for building the driver knew what they were doing ( and they do ), im pretty sure it would not take much effort to fix it.