Depends on where you sit, obviously. In France, 500€ excluding VAT means 600€ in the shop. Launch price for the N810 was 499€ tax included.

What countries will it hit at launch? I have to plan my vacation if it doesn't come to Canada right away.

Posts: 109 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Caribbean
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
I think the real key, though, is that Nokia didn't particularly want mass market success with the models released so far. It was an R&D platform that was mostly used to help development and generate a community and it's only now starting to move into the big leagues.

Now, whether that was a wise decision is certainly up for debate, but it seems like Nokia's market position so far has been exactly where they wanted it to be.
Now that they are going mainstream with a phone included, I sure hope they've got it right. Ease of use is paramount. The smartphone expectations of the general public are now very high but the their ability and/or desire to operate a convoluted device is very low. Considering the shortcomings of some recent Nokia releases (N97, Ovi in general, etc.), I'm not overly optimistic about the N900 being a huge success. Nokia's market share of smartphones may continue to drop.

Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
Yes, I wouldn't put any validity into the statement. I think it's someone that was confused over when Nokia World was.
I guess this person had inside info.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jandmdickerson For This Useful Post:
Man, this thing might bring me back to Nokia hardware!!

SEARCH! It's probably already been answered.

Its the pleasant review ....