Originally Posted by megami View Post
As a side note: I have a really strange issue with the system clock while performing massive apt-get updates and/or installs in Debian armel. It just randomly goes back to the beginnings of Unix time i.e. 1970
Originally Posted by Johnx View Post
I've seen situations where the clock goes back to 1970 at boot on many different systems, but never while the system is running. O_o That sounds really strange...
Any workaround for that? Can it be related to some updates performed? It is very annoying to set the date every reboot.

The Nokia tool (/mnt/initfs/usr/bin/retutime --rtc-from-system) doesn't work from debian.

Thanks!

EDIT: Thanks to apple2 who pointed me to the answer. Edit /etc/default/rcS and put TMPTIME=-1 instead of TMPTIME=0.

Last edited by pancho; 2008-06-04 at 22:36.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Honolulu, HI
Is this project continuing?

Maybe it will benefit from the debian for 810 project?

m a r

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by rogue_ronin View Post
Is this project continuing?

Maybe it will benefit from the debian for 810 project?
Well, if it is possible to get the installer from the nit-debian project going on a n770 i see no reason why it shouldn't be able to benefit from it. I guess it just requires people testing out and contributing 770-specific hacks/packages for things. If you have a 770 and want to contribute, look at the Continuing development of Debian on NITs thread or come on #maemo on FreeNode and talk to some of us to see if we can make it start up decently on 770 too.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
could anyone repload the sid file pllz and send link to nevathan_magic@live.com plz i wil do aything

Are the project dead?