Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
Could someone who knows how to make a wikipage
Everybody can make a wiki page.

Contributing_to_the_wiki

It could be that you need garage account for that. When not anyway it is good to have one.

I will start with a help page for setting up a firewall with the gui genwall...

However you could create a page with openssl stuff.
Because you didn't fix your problem yet start with your personal page and make notes and links about the topic and what you did and what you observed.

After creating a garage account login on https://wiki.maemo.org/Main_Page and then click on your name to go to the personal page and then click edit this page link.

The link would be something like this:

https://wiki.maemo.org/User:Maemish

For example you could make a step by step manual what you tried so far. Others can edit the page or make comments what was maybe not a good idea or how to make it better.
After success and complete documentation you could create then a final page under the right category by follow the steps described in Contributing_to_the_wiki.

I would do it too but to create a step by step tutorial it would be best to proceed the steps on a real target. However I don't want to flash atm one of my N900 to make a bulletproof tutorial right now.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
That is a very very wise and well thought suggestion. It is so well put that I have no other option than to do according it. I don't come up with any exuces 'cause this leaves room for me to not know.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Haven't yet done the ssl page. Shame on me. But why oh why the TLS1.2 is impossible for microb? It can be set on Opera and QML-browser. From other sides microb browser shows green on "How's my ssl?" page. I just gave "false" to some ciphers that were said insecure.
Attached Images

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Dear Maemish,

"I think it could save time from everybody to have a page where to point annoying shouters like me who try even dona't know how and then ask help to solve self made problems/errors."

You could not be more right!!!
(I would love to be able to use openssl again... INDEED)

Even with all these "little" problems I just bought my 7th 2nd hand n900 (arguably a new one; meaning supposedly not used ever) as for several reasons (including robbery) I have needed to replace them on a more or less regular basis.

I certainly can not find any better phone today nor better community support/spirit.

So please, please, please: KEEP IT UP!!!

Many thanks to all of you that make this miracle possible (it was first launched 10 dammit years agoooooooo and still my main phone, simply amazing)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to capitannemo For This Useful Post:

Tags
fremantle, microb