Active Topics

Notices

there is an option from top menu to download automatically. never used it so i can't say if it works. i'm not the original author, just decided to maintain it when original uploader stopped.

tagging is in need of a lot of work. it only works for certain file formats at the moment. i had planned on building something to replace or improve mussorgsky but other projects have taken all my time.

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
The fix I attached recently is now built and awaiting import to extras-devel. When it gets there, I'll push to testing.

Merry Christmas.

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Thanks a lot! Happy New Year, too.

I think that the tracker and mediaplayer and such use libid3tag0, so would be neat to have something based on this.

I tried to install something from Debian repositories

id3 0.15-3 An ID3 Tag Editor
ii id3v2 0.1.12-2 A command line id3v2 tag editor
ii libid3-3.8.3c2a 3.8.3-13 A library for manipulating ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags
ii libid3-tools 3.8.3-15 ID3 Tag Library: Utilities

One of the difficulties I encountered was related to non-ASCII metadata.

Thank you. Good day, good night, and good luck.

Just tried app out of curiosity. it appears to be broken again. I'll try to take a look at some stage if anyone still using it

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
I still use it, or would if it worked.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xagoln For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Mussorgsky works around here. I mostly edit Metadata, but Album art works, too.

Best wishes. Thank you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

Hmm. Strange. I'll recheck it my end

Posts: 391 | Thanked: 908 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ suncity
Hi,

I still trying to use it; it works, but... I cannot edit the metadata of some files, especially those that I downloaded from youtube and used ffmpeg to have only audio...
I used easytag on linux to manually add title, album, etc., but mussorgsky still doesn't "see" these and cannot edit.
When open media player plays these manually edited taged songs, it "sees" the metadata but only when playing the song and not when the song is in the "all songs" list or whatever. Then it sees the songs as "unknown artist/unknown album"...

Anybody has an idea how to "bind" these things together...?

jm

EDIT:// OK, answering my own question...: moving the directories changes these issues (maybe tracker refreshes...?) and now both mussorgsky and omp sees the artist/title (still cannot edit metadata with mussorgsky though)

Last edited by justmemory; 2017-06-23 at 06:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to justmemory For This Useful Post:
It's a limitation from the original developer. The metadata function only supports certain file types, something I had intended to look at but haven't found the time.

Artwork is working ok.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
How is it going? Ideally, Mussorgsy would support the same file types as tracker (and extend its capabilities accordingly when user has tracker-extractor-mod or something installed), but it may require a radical rewrite of Mussorgsky. python-mutagen used by Mussorgsky is different from id3 libraries being used by tracker if I remember correctly. I wonder, what are the advantages and disadvantages of using python-id3lib?

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

Tags
album covers, media player, mussorgsky