So, I read an article today about Nokia, Samsung and Microsoft. It didn't seem to get facts like the timeline right, but it was still interesting, and it seems the rumors are tracked back to Wall Street Journal: http://blogs.wsj.com/marketbeat/2011...=samsung+nokia

The article I read was more wordy than the original article. There was an interesting claim there, but it's probably inaccurate or even completely false. It claimed however, very freely translated;
At first it was Microsoft considering to buy Nokia, but supposedly they did not come to an agreement.
What if?

If Samsung did acquire Nokia, we'd be living in interesting times. What would then happen to Bada, MeeGo, even Symbian?

I'll say it again, if this ends with Apple buying Nokia, I'll sit down and weep.

Last edited by volt; 2011-06-08 at 18:30.

wow, I don't know enough to even know if samsung could, but they would be an amazing powerhouse if so

For once Eldar doesn't seem to know anything but is speculating that Nokia may have put out this rumour themselves, to inflate the price for Microsoft.

But please samsung, buy nokia after N900 gets a good Meego DE, almost for final users; jeje.

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
there is also a story that Sony made a bid too lol

Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
Next week we'll be hearing that LG want to buy Nokia. Or maybe Panasonic. Hell, Sega perhaps?

Why can't people just leave BS be instead of promoting it?

The Following User Says Thank You to richwhite For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
lets hope that if this does happen nokia's hardware will not sink down to samsung's level

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

The Following User Says Thank You to cfh11 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Samsung buying Nokia is less likely than Microsoft IMO.
Number 1 and 2 by volume handset makers merge, EC says NO.

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ France
Stop rumours

Microsoft, Samsung,... next ?

Can you please change the thread title to something like "Rumor: Samsung purchasing Nokia?"? It sounds like you have an authoritative source reporting an imminent action. However, the title of the WSJ article you linked to is actually "Nokia-Samsung Combo Smells Fishy". The article reports it as a rumor and pans it.

Tags
nokia goes bada, nokia goes boom, nokia goes bust, samsung rumors