Posts: 185 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Veitshöchheim, Germany
Originally Posted by Jordi View Post
Could be related to the cpu load. When high, random cuts.

Maybe it is possible to increase the priority of the BT process using some trick. Just a random thought.
maybe this works? http://www.nixtutor.com/linux/changi...nux-processes/

didnt try though.. maybe later today

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by justadude View Post
Hate to bring up an old thread, but does anyone have interest in looking into this? Donations will be paid Thank you everyone!
Maybe we should start to harass them in #125 again?
I could never understand their odd reasons for resolving that one almost instantly.
Especially since some simple workarounds were suggested as a compromise.

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Maybe we should start to harass them in #125 again?
I could never understand their odd reasons for resolving that one almost instantly.
Especially since some simple workarounds were suggested as a compromise.
I have no problem doing that again. I've heard of other people being able to vote more than once on a bug if so I'll just keep voting I just don't understand why this isn't a priority since they built the Nokia wirelss music receiver to use with the N9 and the NFC chip and yet it doesn't have a stable connection or even have the capability to use bluetooth with music and not work properly. I don't have any experience with BT headphones but when synced with my car stereo it is worse than when I use the Nokia music receiver.

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Sydney, Australia
Surely someone could just write a toggle for the WiFi scanning?

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Exactly. I think they'll do something simple if we continue to nudge them politely.
It shouldn't be put onto the community again. This is something they can do...

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Sydney, Australia
Disabling WiFi has other ancillary benefits as well (battery life) so even if it was a community fix, I think it'd be easy enough to have someone see the logic in developing it. Something like WiFi Switcher for the N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to keflex For This Useful Post:
...just added an additional comment to bug 125. I know it sends out bulk mail to everyone, so for that I do apologize. I asked(politely) for a response so fingers crossed? I know it is probably too much to hope for at this point. Anyone interested in writing a tweak that would create (if connected via bluetooth, then wifi scanning=off)? I know airplane mode cures things, but I don't want to disconnect from the network either. Am I hitting the nail on the head with this one? As stated before, a nice dontation will be paid. Thanks all for the time involved.

Any news on this one? This issue is just driving me nuts . Cuts off radomly here and there to the point when I'm ready to sell my N9 and go back to N900...

Originally Posted by vittoriob4 View Post
Any news on this one? This issue is just driving me nuts . Cuts off radomly here and there to the point when I'm ready to sell my N9 and go back to N900...
I posted another message on bug #125 still no response from Nokia. However, they have responded to this issue before and are well aware of what we are going through. I can only hope they do something with PR1.3... In the meantime, my offer still stands for a hefty donation to someone who can create a fix for this. I hope someone is bored that has the skills and is willing

The Following User Says Thank You to justadude For This Useful Post:
Much appreciated!!!