Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
I still use it as my main device, and will til it's totally off !
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

The Following User Says Thank You to sifo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 194 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bristol, UK
It's been over three years now and I'm hoping to stick with it for some time to come!

... resistive screen + MyPaint make it fabulous for drawing ...
... MicroB browser for real desktop browsing instead of the cripped mobile sites ...
... FM transmitter for all my music on the go ...
... and a real ( if very scuffed!) keyboard for fast accurate typing! ...
... intergrated Skype, IM & IRC mean it will still be a great phone even if I move my sim onto something else ...

... until I find another phone with all those attributes this will be the smart phone for me ... unfortunately the manufacturers all seem to have a different idea about what makes a good phone these days ...

The Following User Says Thank You to EmmaGx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
As main smartphone, I use my N900 for 2 months, than my N9 for next 2 months. Both have many unique features.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following User Says Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
I've used it since I got it years ago. I was one of the pre-orders that turned into getting my phone a couple days after it was available at the retail store. (But then I don't live anywhere near the old Nokia retail stores in the US, which since closed.)

I'm still on my original N900, chugging along with CSSU/Thumb. I have a backup which I get out of the box and clone my original to every few months, so if/when the first one dies, I'll have a backup.

Considering I how long I held on to older phones before, I don't see giving this one up any time soon. By time I upgrade it will be for something really special, like 6G, or a bio-interface, or something that's already passe by the time I get it. (This was my first 3G phone, for example...)

Hopefully by then something purely open source will be an option. Or at least something open enough to compare to the N900.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
I had 1 n900, then bought an ex-demo n900 as a backup (had the chance to buy 2 and regret not doing so). main n900 had an accident, so now using my backup n900 as my main phone.

I had some hopes for Jolla, and I don't want to knock them, but when I saw the video demo of sailfish I decided I didn't like it, so after along search I decided to buy more backuo n900s.

I ended up buying 2 'new' n900s from a seller on amazon.com(u.s.) even though i'm in europe. They turned out to be chinese refurbs, BUT, unlike the other horror stories here I genuinely can't tell if they are refurbed or simply 'new' qa rejects that were repaired. They look like new, have the correct accessories, and have either been flashed or never actually used.

So, I have 3 good n900s, and 1 that I intend to repair someday.

The Following User Says Thank You to marbleuser For This Useful Post:
Still on N900. I was looking at the Note 2 but then MeeGo got a new lease of life and CSSU Thumb was like an upgrade in itself.

Anything I can do on a desktop in a minute takes at least three on a phone. PCs have taught me to become impatient. Still, it's nice to have the option.

Having said that, alternative OS are very exciting now with Jolla, BB OS 10, Tizen, Ubuntu, Plasma Active, FF OS... I can't see myself going to Droid now.

Battery lasts about 3 days now (Autodisconnect ftw) but I tend to switch every 48 hours in case I need to do some heavy lifting.

I absolutely rely on SleepAnalyser and Evil Alarm as I have very unusual sleeping patterns.

The Following User Says Thank You to _David_ For This Useful Post:
I just bought a new battery for my 3 years old N900, so I'm planning to use it for another 3 years as a daily phone.

And then I have second N900 just for hacking and testing risky things (and flashing it over and over again).

The Following User Says Thank You to AapoRantalainen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 79 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ India
i am typing this from my n900 hehe n900 is still my baby.

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Italy
+1
Primary and only phone!

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Austria
after my first n900 died, i tried this optimus3D android thing, to switch back to a used n900 a year later.
I will stay on it until ther is no real alternative... ubuntuphone and sailfish are my hopes

The Following User Says Thank You to AndiThebest For This Useful Post:

Tags
n900 ftw, pfeifen_im_wald, possibilities, rock on n900