Posts: 320 | Thanked: 763 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Espoo, FInland
Could you tell me what EAS protocols Kerio supports?
Does it support EAS 12.1 or EAS 12.0?

Would be very interesting to see the logs of activesync even N900 MfE implementation does not support Kerio.

Kerio forums say the Nokia implementation of Activesync is not correct and recommend using RoadSync.
This statement has not been updated for N900 MfE, I believe. N900 MfE stack is different from the stacks somebody could find in any other Nokia phone.

Not pointing fingers, just trying to improve the N900. How or where does the N900 store its logs for MfE?
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=228

Would be very interesting to see the logs of activesync even N900 MfE implementation does not support Kerio.

Originally Posted by mkaser View Post
when will mfe work with exchange 2003?
Wait for software update, pls.

in the year 2009 / soon 2010 it seems very strange to sync your business mails, contacts etc. with pop-server or some strange ways
Yep. In the year 2009 it is quite strange to use Exchange 2003, why not to upgrade to 2007? Don't take this statement seriously, pls. Exchange 2003 support has been implemented and it is under testing now.

Last edited by vitaly_repin; 2009-12-08 at 17:13. Reason: Spelling error is fixed

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to vitaly_repin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by popveneer View Post
Getting "Error in communication with Exchange server" error halfway into sync. It is not the non-provisional issue, a few Droid users are synced using same settings (and Droid also needs non-provis access).

Any more thoughts?
Could you file a bug and attach logs to the bug?

The procedure to take logs is described here: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=228

Thank you in advance.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vitaly_repin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
andy_x_net's post regarding missing features in Modest has moved to a new thread, "Missing Features in E-mail Client (Modest)". Please continue discussion of that subject there and leave this thread dedicated to Mail for Exchange. Thank you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 202 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Munich, Germany
Originally Posted by vitaly_repin View Post
It was decided for simplicity as far as I remember. By UI designers. Do you need a graphical user interface to be able to configure which folder shall be displayed and which not? Will "hacker" approach (an ability to set the list of folders which shall not be synced via gconftool-2 command-line tool) satisfy you?
I am heavily using folders and subfolders in my mailbox and would love to have any tool for selecting visible/synced folders. GUI would be perfect but a hacker approach would be fine too.

I realize there is support issues with Exchange and my knowledge of what is used by company is minimal.

But everytime I try to initialize synchronization the status bar goes almost half way and I get the error message saying Error in Communication with Exchange Server.

I'm just curious to know if there is a known reason of what is causing this. Otherwise I'll just try to be patient and wait.

Posts: 170 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Annapolis, MD, USA
Originally Posted by fidel cashlow View Post
Otherwise I'll just try to be patient and wait.
The hardest part...

Originally Posted by fidel cashlow View Post
I'm just curious to know if there is a known reason of what is causing this. Otherwise I'll just try to be patient and wait.
Most probably it is about Exchange 2003 support.

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 202 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Munich, Germany
Where does a "move email to folder" feature request belong to?
MfE or would this be a feature of Modest used by MfE?

Originally Posted by vielfrass View Post
Where does a "move email to folder" feature request belong to?
MfE or would this be a feature of Modest used by MfE?
This is request to MfE.

Tags
activesync, certificate, email, exchange, fremantle, ignore tex14, maemo 5, mail for exchange, mfe, n900, provisioning, sync, thanks vitaly!