Posts: 133 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Long Island, NY
me too, looking forward to this Great work!

Its because of people like yourself, that I still have my n900, something new everyday

Thank You!

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by Pretoriano View Post
will we need a "premium" account in grooveshark?
Outstanding question.

I quit using Spotify because it seemed to screw up with updates OFTEN. Became too much of a chore to keep it working.

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Long Island, NY
I was just curious...whats the status of this app.? anywhere close to being released? I'd love to be one of the testers

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Is this available in extras - dev?

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
Outstanding question.

I quit using Spotify because it seemed to screw up with updates OFTEN. Became too much of a chore to keep it working.
My guess would be no(depending on how the developer access Grooveshark), but it's pretty cheap IMO so that would be worth the money(3$/month or 30$/year).

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Tokyo, Japan
This will be great! Thank's for your work.

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oxford , England
This would be a brilliant app!
Although the grooveshark website does work in MicroB, it is rather slow and resource intensive so an application to front the site would be brilliant for me!

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 253 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Virginia
This application does work without a premium subscription and without logging in.

Please note this client is unofficial and using can get your ip banned from groove-shark, although it hasn't happened to me yet.

It is also currently available in ubuntu 10.04 in my ppa
https://launchpad.net/~eliaswoods/+archive/groove

I also have a garage page set up for the project as well
https://garage.maemo.org/projects/groove/

I am still developing this application and I will have an update soon hopefully with radio and playlist support

There are a couple of bugs that I can't seem to get around and they are mostly caused by phonon. I am contemplating using the qtmobility multimedia library instead but I'm not too sure how that will affect desktop performance.

Note: Searching by songs currently work, others like artist and album do not.

I am also doing field tests and found my buffering algorithm is inadequate on cellular networks. Also the bandwidth requirement may be too great for mobile use however I may develop a groove-shark proxy client that would run on your home desktop to reduce the network bandwidth.

I am very new to Qt development and even C++ so don't expect my source code to follow any sort of rhyme or reason.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Dotblank For This Useful Post:
Looks like a great ap.
Tip for those who want fast grooveshark axx on the N900 ... load up tinysong.com (owned by grooveshark) - no login or playlist support etc ... but if u just wanna search for 1 song quickly it works great.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SilverX For This Useful Post:
Posts: 89 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Well I've posted this before but take a look at the grooveshark plugin for moovida. It might be helpfull.
https://launchpad.net/elisa-plugin-grooveshark

And, thank you for this. Would be an app to pay for.