Notices

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Venice, Italy
Originally Posted by ddwalker View Post
Why can't I find mrawveiwer in extras-devel?
I don't know... if you're using the Application Manager it's in the Graphics category under the name "RAW Viewer"
Maybe it's a stupid question but... are you sure you enabled the extras-devel repository?

It turned out that I already have RAW Viewer. I didn't know it's actually mrawviewer.
But my problem with RAW Viewer is that it doesn't dislay the FCamera .DNG properly. It looks like I'm looking at some X-ray film. Did I miss anything?

Originally Posted by ddwalker View Post
It turned out that I already have RAW Viewer. I didn't know it's actually mrawviewer.
But my problem with RAW Viewer is that it doesn't dislay the FCamera .DNG properly. It looks like I'm looking at some X-ray film. Did I miss anything?
Earlier versions of FCamera produced broken .DNGs (they appeared all red with little or no details). Then the dev team fixed the problem in FCamera and even published an utility to repair the broken DNGs.

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Stanford University
Turns out that dcraw wasn't properly handling FCam's DNG thumbnails. We've added a compatibility fix into FCam, and released a new FCamera version. DNGs saved with it should have thumbnails that libraw/dcraw can handle.

The Following User Says Thank You to ETalvala For This Useful Post:
Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
Just had the FCamera update to 0.1.7-1
Thanks!

Originally Posted by ETalvala View Post
Turns out that dcraw wasn't properly handling FCam's DNG thumbnails. We've added a compatibility fix into FCam, and released a new FCamera version. DNGs saved with it should have thumbnails that libraw/dcraw can handle.
Thanks a lot for the fix FCam devs!
Now MRAWViewer is much faster, as it finally can show the thumbnails without resorting to decode and process the RAW data.

I can't wait for this to become stable! I have FCamera installed and needing a stable version of this app so that I can view them directly from my phone.

Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to xtian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xtian View Post
I can't wait for this to become stable! I have FCamera installed and needing a stable version of this app so that I can view them directly from my phone.

Thanks!
I'm almost at the point where it'll be ready for extras-testing! As soon as it will happen, I'll let you know on this forum, so you all can vote for it.

Version 1.2-6 is in extras-devel: it fixes a segmentation fault with PR1.3 and should be ready for extras-testing!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to donaggio For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
mrawviewer has left-right keys to navigate, which is cool. Is there an enter-exit full screen? If not, could we have that? Also, would you consider using up-down when in portrait mode instead of left-right? It seems counterintuitive in portrait.

Also, ecellent work. Way faster, too.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.