Active Topics

Notices

Packed Media Widget is an homescreen widget to control Multimedia player, SomePlayer and InternetRadioPlayer, all at once.

It's made of 8buttons, in a 2x4 grid. The ones on the right are the control ones, and the ones on the left, hidden, are used to change the player to affect or to start it.

Starting from the bottom, the context buttons are: Multimedia, SomePlayer, InternetRadioPlayer and "start".
To use the widget, first a context button must be pressed since at widget startup there is no context chosen.
"Start" button behaves differently based on the chosen context:
  • For Multimedia, it "plays" the song. It's a play, not a resume, so the song will be restarted.
  • For Someplayer, it checks if the player is running, and it does it in case it's not.
  • For InternetRadioPlayer, it starts the player if not running, or it shows it if hidden.
Widget is highly customizabled, from sizes to colours.

Actually in Extras-devel.

Packed Media Widget.

The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gionni88 View Post
Packed Media Widget is an homescreen widget to control Multimedia player, SomePlayer and InternetRadioPlayer, all at once.

It's made of 8buttons, in a 2x4 grid. The ones on the right are the control ones, and the ones on the left, hidden, are used to change the player to affect or to start it.

Starting from the bottom, the context buttons are: Multimedia, SomePlayer, InternetRadioPlayer and "start".
To use the widget, first a context button must be pressed since at widget startup there is no context chosen.
"Start" button behaves differently based on the chosen context:
  • For Multimedia, it "plays" the song. It's a play, not a resume, so the song will be restarted.
  • For Someplayer, it checks if the player is running, and it does it in case it's not.
  • For InternetRadioPlayer, it starts the player if not running, or it shows it if hidden.
Widget is highly customizabled, from sizes to colours.

Actually in Extras-devel.

Packed Media Widget.

Cool, however I must ask. What is the widget on the top right?

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Top right? There is no widget there other than PackedMediaWidget.

EDIT: if you meant the bar, it's painted over the background.

Last edited by gionni88; 2011-07-23 at 22:16.

oopz, I actually meant top left. So in effect your right (kind of).

What is the widget, top left?

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post

How could that possibly be his right and your left? Is he looking upside down or you looking upside down... that's the only possibility I can think off...

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ India
awesome work!

BTW could you make it rotate to landscape mode ?

Originally Posted by vi_ View Post

Well, as Protagora used to say, "Everything is relative".

That's a calendar widget written with Qt and QtMobility to suit my desktop style.

@Electricgod: ye, I may add an orientation option.

I installed via FAM, reboot, but I canīt see any new widget or icon, whatīs wrong?
thanks, seens to be a great app

The Following User Says Thank You to amadeukaos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by amadeukaos View Post
I installed via FAM, reboot, but I canīt see any new widget or icon, whatīs wrong?
thanks, seens to be a great app
well, have you added it?

And now question to the dev. Is it possible to add a online radio functionality to those buttons, when i am in MAEMO media player "MOD"? i mean the lowest quarter.

Last edited by Alfred; 2011-07-24 at 16:33.

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India, Mumbai
i thought we can watch movies or any video file right from homescreen... but appreciate your effort... good work mate