Closed Thread
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Mize View Post
Where is the ignore list on this forum?
While you're logged in, go here: http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=ignorelist

Add the username that you wish to ignore. Done.

Wow....Looks Lumia 900 is doing pretty well in the US.....Good news for Nokia, I bet their stock will climb back up after summer's earning statement:

http://blogs.barrons.com/techtraderd...ays-town-hall/

Love the enthusiasm, but until real numbers come out, I have to hold my enthusiasm.

Originally Posted by Mize View Post
Where is the ignore list on this forum?
Lol, no wonder you keep getting pissed at that guy's posts. Add him to the list, if nobody entertains him, he'll stop soon enough.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by specc View Post
You must be the biggest troll of all. This is actually worse than Ahonen. At least Ahonen is a raving lunatic, and does not pretend to be anything else, but this "article" is pure nonsense. I could easily purchase the cheapest Android phone running gingerbread I found and started arguing that ICS does not exist, and never will, because this phone does not run ICS. And then I should end it saying Android is doomed.

I don't like Win8 either, but please!!!
Originally Posted by specc View Post
Exactly. Read the article, it's FUD. Or since you obviously need to be fed: WP8 won't have AD = false.
You DO realize the article SPECIFICALLY states Windows on ARM (WOA) will not have ActiveDirectory support. It's all about managing tablets. OK, knowing that--I'm sure plenty of people will be happy to hear that it DOES have ActiveDirectory support, then. Since you clearly KNOW that this is FUD and obviously can prove these rumors to be untrue, can you please point out where you've read that Windows 8 (WOA) for tablets will have ActiveDirectory so that I can pass that word along to them with some citation and evidence?

Thanks!

In the meantime, since this is that thread... how's the NOKIA stock doing lately?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
Lol, no wonder you keep getting pissed at that guy's posts. Add him to the list, if nobody entertains him, he'll stop soon enough.
I'm used to being able to click on a user's name and add them from a drop down. Now, thanks to gerbick, it's taken care of.

Last edited by Mize; 2012-04-24 at 11:27.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
More recent headlines...

Is Growing Smartphone Market a Curse For Nokia Corporation? (NYSE:NOK, NOK)
"Shares of NOK closed lower by 3.14% to $3.70 on Friday after hitting a 15-year low of $3.69. For the week, the stock was about 8%. The stock has lost over 50% since Elop announced the deal with Microsoft."
Nokia Oyj Stock Downgraded (NOK)
"Nokia Oyj (NYSE:NOK) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins, weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself."

I do love the incredible optimism of this one, though:
Nokia Rating Increased to Equal Weight at Evercore Partners (NOK)
"A number of other analysts have also recently weighed in on NOK. Analysts at Benchmark Co. upgraded shares of Nokia from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating in a research note to investors on Thursday. They now have a $45.00 price target on the stock."
Wow... oooookay. But then it goes on to contrast...
"Thursday. Finally, analysts at Zacks downgraded shares of Nokia from a “neutral” rating to an “underperform” rating in a research note to investors on Friday, April 13rd. They now have a $3.75 price target on the stock."

Regarding the Lumia 900's US sales numbers in particular:
Can Microsoft Survive Digital Darwinism?
"The Lumia 900 smartphone had a problem with suddenly dropping high-speed data connections. Not a good first impression, guys. To remedy the problem, Nokia is offering a full refund to all customers before today. While Microsoft won't divulge sales figures for its mobile platform, Nokia said sales of the new Lumia had been 'mixed,' according to The New York Times."
"Anything less than stellar is bad news for Microsoft as it struggles to gain share of the booming smartphone and tablet market. If you squint and look closely, you may be able to see Microsoft's microscopic 4% piece of the mobile pie. Meanwhile, Apple and Google (NAS: GOOG) steal the show -- together commanding more than 80% of the U.S. smartphone market, according to comScore."
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

To be or not to be, in the future, that is the question for Nokia.

To make Tizen-devices or die, that is the answer.

"2.66 Euros = 3.50189 U.S. dollars" and going down.

Last edited by zimon; 2012-04-24 at 10:36.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Guys, I have lost a few dollars on the last days news, but when all people are selling, I'm buying and you get it cheaper and cheaper too.

Lets see how things turn out 2,5 years from now. I'm still supprised that people like you just go after the negatives. Just look at history and some of the most valueble companies have been worth almost nothing at some point. It goes up and down. This goes for everything; countries, life, stocks...even beers.

But do not put all your beers in the same thread. Spread the beers to several threads if some threads are deleted in the future.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Guys, I have lost a few dollars on the last days news, but when all people are selling, I'm buying and you get it cheaper and cheaper too.
Wait... I thought you left?

Closed Thread

Tags
goodbye nokia, investing, last quotes, lumiatard, samsung, specc=ericsson, stock, the elop flop, the flop elop, tizen