Posts: 275 | Thanked: 389 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sydney
It fails with: cannot load fm radio driver module.
I am using the power kernel an it worked before.

Code:
run-standalone.sh /opt/fmradio/FMRadio.py 
/opt/fmradio/components
0 0 800 424
return code from FMRX-Enabler: 3
0 0 800 424

Last edited by GreatGonzo; 2010-10-26 at 11:44.

here is the dmesg output.

96372.302124] hci_h4p hci_h4p: firmware: requesting bcmfw.bin
[96372.654357] radio_bcm2048: disagrees about version of symbol struct_module

Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
Works fine here.. using directly from the shortcut icon in the menu..

This is possibly a problem with the power kernel. The standard kernel was updated and so was fmrx enabler but the power kernel hasn't been updated yet. So we need to choose one or the other for now.

Which raises another question. If I uninstall kernel power will it reflash the 1.3 or 1.2 kernels?

Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
Originally Posted by CormacB View Post
This is possibly a problem with the power kernel. The standard kernel was updated and so was fmrx enabler but the power kernel hasn't been updated yet. So we need to choose one or the other for now.

Which raises another question. If I uninstall kernel power will it reflash the 1.3 or 1.2 kernels?
I'm using Titan's kernel and FM Radio is working here. Reflashing like mentioned in the Power-Kernel will reflash the current one which 1.3's kernel.

Posts: 241 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
I am using default Kernel and did PR1.3 update yesterday OTA. FMRadio app starts but there is no sound. got german N900

Removing kernel-power fixed it. I will try reinstalling it again later in case order of installation matters.

yep removing it and then reinstalling fixes it. I should RTFM. Probably wouldn't have happened if I had removed kernel-power before OTA update.

Hallo,
I found lot of problems using fm radio with: pr.1.2 ( audio silenced for a 1/4 of second when display turn off or on, using power button to renable display... when rotate application.

but if I did'nt none of the operation described above... fm radio worked fine...

now with pr1.3 is simply unstable..sometimes audio diseappears and I have to unplug earphone and plug it again..this sometimes works, sometimes not, so I have to close the application and it's impossible to close...I have to kill it.
Sometimes works fine, but if I do something else listening to radio audio disappear again... I then reflash to have a clean installation...but it didn't work, same problems...

bye
Mr.Rent

I think the problem was that initially I didn't do a reinstall of kernel-power-modules