@ blobbyblobby2000
This is strange... My card is a samsung pro 64GB (verified by copying to the entire capacity) but is not mounted at startup. I saw the mount-sd.sh has the support for exFAT. Maybe it is not formatted as expected (I didn't reformat). When I do /sbin/blkid /dev/mmcblk1 /sbin/blkid /dev/mmcblk1p1 I get only this part without UUID: /dev/mmcblk1: PTTYPE="dos" /dev/mmcblk1p1: TYPE="exfat"

Edit: I used fdisk to recreate the partition and then mkfs and now is working.

Last edited by coco_f2001; 2014-04-03 at 10:58.

Originally Posted by blobbyblobby2000 View Post
Sorry been away.......
No idea why the PC isnt copying to your jolla/64Gb card
So you say you can transport files >4GB from pc to Jolla SD-card directly, without issues?

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by willi6868 View Post
Could someone please provide a rpm-package or a How-To for this?
I've built this a while ago in the merproject OBS. Install the fuse-exfat package to be able to use an exfat formatted µSD. If you also want to fsck exfat or format exfat on the Jolla, install exfat-utils too.

While it's still filed in private, as I'd like more feedback on whether it works for people besides me (and I also need to RTFM on how to move projects in OBS), as of a couple weeks I've made the compiled binaries downloadable for everybody.

Last edited by pcfe; 2014-11-16 at 14:54. Reason: EDIT 2014-11-16: fixed link to page in OBS

The Following User Says Thank You to pcfe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 33 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ grenoble
for the second time, my jolla has made my 64gb card read only.
even on another device (computer) i cannot write in it (no dd, no nothing). last time, i had to use the warranty.
another one had this problem?

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
Originally Posted by bob_bipbip View Post
for the second time, my jolla has made my 64gb card read only.
even on another device (computer) i cannot write in it (no dd, no nothing). last time, i had to use the warranty.
another one had this problem?
Mine sdcard is read only also! Nothing helps.
Fdisk is useless, cgdisk, parted are useless also!
WTF is going on?
Barnabas Collins

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ grenoble
is it a transcend? because mine are those

Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
Sdcard readonly here also. 64Gb formatted as BTRFS for something like 2 months and today I could not store anything
It is a Transcend btw...
Now trying to backup before formating it again... Let's see if I can have it working again.

Couldn't find anything on this so thought I'd share my experience, I formatted my Sandisk 128gb MicroSD as Fat32 and it works perfectly in the Jolla, so 128gb cards do work just like the 64gb.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wormdrummer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 65 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Cagliari, Italy
Wormdrumner!!
This is a great news,to me!!!
Could You confirm that the micro sd 128Gb is working properly? Formatted in Fat32?? the media player read the music with no problem???

Yup, Formatted in Fat32, the media player plays the music fine and all other apps including android all work perfectly as well.