Active Topics

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Been trying various things but cannot get it to work

I have flasher installed and run the following command:-
flasher -F DFL61_HARMATTAN_30.2012.07-1_PR_LEGACY_001-OEM1-958_ARM.bin -f
but whenever it tries to establish a connection with the N9 i get the following error scrolling on the screen.
ERROR: CreateFile, error = 5

I am running the command window as admin mode so there should not be a problem.

I have read every thread I can find but can't find a way out of this

Many thanks

John

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
Been trying various things but cannot get it to work

I have flasher installed and run the following command:-
flasher -F DFL61_HARMATTAN_30.2012.07-1_PR_LEGACY_001-OEM1-958_ARM.bin -f
but whenever it tries to establish a connection with the N9 i get the following error scrolling on the screen.
ERROR: CreateFile, error = 5

I am running the command window as admin mode so there should not be a problem.

I have read every thread I can find but can't find a way out of this

Many thanks

John
You have read every thread, but perhaps you forgot to read the Wiki Page. It is expressedly written that flashing should be done on a 32-bit Operating System.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_f...nd_Workarounds

It is technically still possible, but I would just suggest either installing a 32-bit OS for convenience. Or check out "Option 4" under that link/topic.

Hope this helps.

The Following User Says Thank You to topet2k12001 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
That is not the case for the N9. Flashing the n900 does not work on 64bit but the flasher version for meego does.

Anyway, alarm over and i managed to get it to work Think there was an errant space in my command

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
^ your wiki is for the n900, he's asking for the n9 which works perfectly fine on windows 64-bit. i've flashed my phone numerous times without problems.

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 149 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ United Arab Emirates
Reflashing N900 can also be done with windows 7 64 bit, I reflashed many times without any problem. But need to install libusb first

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
That is not the case for the N9. Flashing the n900 does not work on 64bit but the flasher version for meego does.

Anyway, alarm over and i managed to get it to work Think there was an errant space in my command
Yup, sorry I missed that part, I was on my way to bed earlier (just woke up). Glad to know it got sorted out.

Yeah, N900 flashing works on 64-bit OS too (as mentioned in the Wiki) and have tried that as well, but just wanted to give the basic tips first.