Notices

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
I think it would be a lot userfriendlier if it could use wget behind the scenes to teleport maps over. Has the drawback of unzipping, and possibly parsing the maps page.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ | MAD | MEX | MOW |
well yeah, but that may be a bit more difficult to implement... i'm no programmer but my guess is that at least taking the maps from MyDocs would be something easier to implement in the short term while ndi's suggestion gets developed...

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Gent, Belgium
I have just a quick (to ask, probably harder to program) feature request.

Is it possbile to use the GPS (user selectable) to get a narrowed down list of tube stations in your neighborhood ? That way, if people are not quite sure where they are, they can get a quick location. Sort of what the Fahrplan application does.

Of course it all depends on the availability of the source data for the stations. If that doens't include geo coordinates (for the center or for each of the entrances) then it won't work ...

I did a search for this in the thread but I couldn't find anything related. Sorry if it was asked before.

Thanks for the application, it surely has already its good usage !

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Earth
Yep, figured out the problem with map deletion. My fault. Will be fixed in next patch release today or tomorrow. Now only pre-shipped maps are deleted on uninstallation and replaced on upgrade

Originally Posted by juanenrique View Post
hey! the latest update lost the extra maps i had installed!
Originally Posted by ndi View Post
+1. Takes forever to re-locate my maps in Russian, not to mention downloading, unpacking, sending, moving. Why the deletion?
Bug is fixed in 0.1.3e release, which is just queued to extras-devel. But, make a backup of your custom maps before upgrade:
Due to the nature of the bug, upgrade from 0.1.3d to 0.1.3e STILL ERASES custom maps, all subsequent upgrades from 0.1.3e will keep maps in place

tried it out. nice app!
but i have some trouble hitting the stations.
could you add a config option to paint the nodes bigger?
afaics the size of the nodes in set inside those pmz archives, but changing it for each map manually is a bit tedious.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
So, 0.1.3e first, maps later. Gotcha.

Good to see this fixed, thank you.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ | MAD | MEX | MOW |
btw... thx for placing the map folder in MyDocs !

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Let me suggest you to not include any map in the package with the application so updates could be smaller.

You could package some maps in a different packages or, as suggested, auto download from site.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
Let me suggest you to not include any map in the package with the application so updates could be smaller.

You could package some maps in a different packages or, as suggested, auto download from site.

Thanks.
I don't want to junk extras with additional data packages like in Apple AppStore, where everything is an app. Map downloading from metromap itself is in work now. It's hard to make any predictions on release dates, but I'll try to keep it within 2 weeks.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pine For This Useful Post: