Originally Posted by geneven View Post
You don't have to go so far as to reboot, just unselect it as an app so it disappears, then reselect it.
Ah, good to know for the next time.

Originally Posted by Rtalian View Post
...but I can't install them right now because certain packages won't install. I guess I'll have to reflash w/out restoring....
So, after a lot of trouble with the Update Wizard failing authorization (DST was mysteriously disabled in Windows, and the wizard makes sure the PC is on the right time, though I don't see the point), I finally reflashed and loaded everything again (no backup). Most of the problems I had have disappeared, thankfully. It would be nice to know specifically which file(s) have been causing so many problems for so many people, but at least I can live with this fresh setup. Anything important I can just get from the zip files. The combination of ogg-support and UKMP is working well for me (except UKMP is REALLY BAD at randomization); so, while the N800 should have native OGG support, this will work.

Originally Posted by aganon View Post
Anyone try to use OMWeather after update? It installs ok, but when I try to refresh I get a message "Did not download weather."

BTWBTW, Skype installed fine for me and works, as did Python 2.5.
I had to delete and re add my location., Skype installed fine for me and works, as did Python 2.5.[/QUOTE]

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Canada
I'm unable to re-pair my N800 and Stowaway bluetooth keyboard after the firmware upgrade. I've tried the proceedure listed at http://alan.blog-city.com/n800_keyboard.htm just like before the upgrade, but no dice. Any hints?

"Pairing failed. Authentication time-out. Try again?" is the outcome.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by TheRealBubba View Post
"Pairing failed. Authentication time-out. Try again?" is the outcome.
I paired my N800 with a Stowaway Sierra keyboard no problem - the procedure for my keyboard is slightly different to that listed in the blog.

There's a small button above the zero key on the keyboard which I press for a couple of seconds to put the keyboard in pairing mode.

I then scan for the keyboard on the N800, select it and the N800 suggests the pairing code.

I click OK on the N800 then quickly enter the pairing code into the keyboard followed by the Enter key on the keyboard, and then the pairing process is complete.

Last edited by Milhouse; 2007-07-11 at 23:16.

Well, I bit the bullet and upgraded today from my modified .3 SDHC-supported-boot-from-internal-card N800 firmware.
I figured "what the hell" and went ahead and flashed the new one on, then went ahead and reformatted my boot partition and used the latest inifs_flash from Fanoush.
Boots up just fine, and not a single problem re-installing everything - even Python - from the applications manager...well, Battle for Wesnoth isn't downloading but I think it's because the developer needs a new host.
But so far I've found not a single problem with it and I've been using it pretty non-stop for the past 6 hours. I did NOT restore from a backup.
Skype call quality is excellent, same with Gizmo (I am on an 8 Mbps pipe though...) and I'm able to run both at the same time as well as web browse and use the apps manager simultaneously with not a single problem so far (knock on wood).
The ONLY thing I have not done yet is to try to re-install the LCARS theme I was so used to before the upgrade.
If I have any problems after the theme switch then I'll know what caused it.

Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
I click OK on the N800 then quickly enter the pairing code into the keyboard followed by the Enter key on the keyboard, and then the pairing process is complete.
Thanks Milhouse, it worked, I think the superfluous CTRL+FN was messing it up (Odd,I'm sure that's how I paired them before the upgrade). Cheers.

Sorry if this has been convered before but I just want to make sure my update was completely successful.

In previous updates, once the machine boots up for the first time, applets fill the screen (e.g RSS, contacts, Internet radio).

After this update, there were only 2 applets displayed...the google bar and the tableteer/feedback applet.

Is this normal?

does it work with n770 ?