Originally Posted by Leinad View Post
they shall not dare to release the july update without fixing the shutdown / reboot issues.
Send it in for repair.

I received mine yesterday. It was rebooting and shutting down for no reason.

They will prolly change the light sensor and install a battery cushion.

No problems so far

Last edited by Elyos; 2014-07-08 at 17:50. Reason: typos

The Following User Says Thank You to Elyos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by matimilko View Post
You have more then one battery?
Where did You bought it?
They're selling the batteries in the online shop for 350 EUR. They even come with a free Jolla phone.

Honestly, I swapped batteries between two Jollas as well, and with the other battery the shutdown issues seem to have disappeared completely (no piece of paper involved even).

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
Dave999 for browser the only new feature is creating bookmarks on Launcher. No updates for text selection

(i will update browser nightly soon after mitakuuluu update, stay tuned)
Nice...vote here again and again and...yeah, you got it.
https://together.jolla.com/question/...te-capability/

Vo voted for creating bookmarks in launcher?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-07-08 at 18:39.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
you can look at one self-explanatory comment in sailfish-browser code: https://github.com/sailfishos/sailfi...bView.qml#L351

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
I must be one of the lucky ones with my Jolla as I've never had a reboot or shutdown. It must suck if you're suffering that kind of hardware related issue.

Bring on the July update, although the only thing that I'm really missing is a CalDAV implementation that actually works with Apple's iCloud/OSX CalDAV server and CardDAV. 7 months now without either and I'd like to ditch the Google account, dodgy sync app and a bit of hacky PHP that is currently acting as a go-between between my Jolla and my Mac.

A Jolla store developers can actually sell stuff in might help too.

The Following User Says Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Perhaps this is the update where they finally make the calendar functionality useful? You know, with notifications for appointments, appointments which display at the correct time, and some way of seeing an agenda on some screen which isn't 6 or 7 taps deep.

I see from this thread that I'm not the only one deeply missing thp's billboard.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shallimus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by shallimus View Post
Perhaps this is the update where they finally make the calendar functionality useful? You know, with notifications for appointments, appointments which display at the correct time, and some way of seeing an agenda on some screen which isn't 6 or 7 taps deep.
I don't have problems with reminders showing at the correct time. If you do, please make sure it's known on together so it can get some attention.

About agenda: I take it you know that if you tap the 'Today' label on the main overview, you get taken to a (pannable) view of all events. Is that good enough?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
Bring on the July update, although the only thing that I'm really missing is a CalDAV implementation that actually works with Apple's iCloud/OSX CalDAV server and CardDAV.
CardDAV is coming, but not quite that quickly: https://github.com/nemomobile/buteo-sync-plugin-carddav

As for CalDAV issues... What's the problem exactly?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
About agenda: I take it you know that if you tap the 'Today' label on the main overview, you get taken to a (pannable) view of all events. Is that good enough?
Unfortunately not...

The pannable view shows all meetings in relation to 30 minutes time blocks, and panning through it is slow for any longer time periods than just one or two days.

There is no simple view in calendar itself, cover, notifications or lockscreen to sort all your meetings for the current or next week. The fastest way of seeing all your upcoming meetings currently is to click every day one by one in the calendar app.

Use scenario:
I for instance have a habit of preparing several meetings in parallel, and several days early. I tend to loose focus and forget them easily.

If I just set an alert about them week early it does not help me remembering the meetings. And next time I get a reminder about the occasion would be the actual day when I see it on the calendar cover, and that is most often too late.

Birthdays are especially bad at this respect. One does burn for forgetting this kind of stuff... :\

Weekly view in calendar app would help a lot, but agenda view with meetings in relation to other meetings, as a clean list with times, would be better.

EDIT: In fact it would nice if the 'Today' pannable view would have retractable areas for unreserved time, and the rest of the screen would show as many meetings as fits on the screen on any given situation. Eg. for the duration of the edit, the hourly view would push those upcoming meetings away from the screen if necessary.

Last edited by Manatus; 2014-07-09 at 11:20.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Manatus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Manatus View Post
There is no simple view in calendar itself, cover, notifications or lockscreen to sort all your meetings for the current or next week. The fastest way of seeing all your upcoming meetings currently is to click every day one by one in the calendar app.
Ok. There has been talk about a week view, but I don't have any sort of a timeline for when that might happen.

If someone were to mock things up (even better challenge; if you know QML - do a usable mockup) as to how you'd like it to function, it might be a nice exercise to help out.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post: