Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
long time no news posted here.
Andre Klapper resigns from maintainer position for bugs.maemo.org (aka "bugmaster").
Thank you Andre for the help during all those years!
This means bugs.maemo.org is an orphaned service now. If anybody is savvy with the system and interested to take over: please send a mail to council at maemo org

cheers
jOERG

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2014-02-06 at 10:02.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Found a bug in non-free scp upload
Code:
 > dput -f fremantle-extras-devel-non-free mapnik_2.2.0-ubuntu1~fremantle1_armel.changes 
Uploading to fremantle-extras-devel-non-free (via scp to drop.maemo.org):
scp: /var/www/extras-devel/incoming-nonfree/fremantle: No such file or directory

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
only a small change in my signature:
(static copy)
Maemo Community Council member [2012-10, 2013-05, 2013-11 terms]
Hildon Foundation Council inaugural member.

aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
That's sad to hear, as I really and honestly appreciated what you have done, while maemo was in crisis. Best wishes
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
This board gona blast some day its becoming a tradition of putting spikes under ones chair . this reminds me of someones signature on poisionus people ruining communites as a whole..

That's very sad to hear indeed. I do as well very much appreciate your work for maemo.

Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
Yup...not a good thing when people come to loggerheads ...
Too many people going that way.
I know it is just wishful that everybody could get along...
hell I know I've had my moments....still though...

Well...think of it this way.....with your hands and mind off the rudder...
Now... you have time to do more cool stuff with your n900 ...a true fre(e)mantle ...neo900 sorcery....way cooler stuff....better than figuring out protocol at meetings and detailed form-like-stuff in triplicate written in octopus ink on even rarer puffer-fish parchment paper...awful dry that.

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

Last edited by endsormeans; 2014-04-05 at 15:45.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to endsormeans For This Useful Post:
Posts: 254 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Canada
Thanks for all your hard work Joerg! It's too bad things ended this way... you stepped in when it seemed the Maemo infrastructure was doomed and helped get everything working so we can still continue to enjoy our devices.

I'm personally worried about the future of the Maemo infrastructure. I hope that the Hildon Foundation and Community Council have concrete plans to keep things stable going forward, and it would be nice to see some public information on these plans.

I would also like to know what, if anything might come out of the shadowy talks that the HF was supposedly having with Nokia. Will we ever get the maemo.org domain name? Will we get legal permission to use the Maemo trademark in limited ways to support this community (as we have in the past)? Will get legal permission to host and distribute non-free parts of the Maemo code-base in our repositories and websites?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shawnjefferson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
(stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
When you bully people, what do you expect?

I left the Board mainly because you were pushing for things to be done your way "or else". It wasn't the first time, nor did I see it as being the last. Given that your way could have resulted in criminal charges to me, I chose the lesser of two evils and walked away while I could.

I appreciate what you've done for the community, I really do. But to lay the blame on others, without taking some of the responsibility for your own conduct, seems disingenuous at best. To accuse others of bullying, when you have been the biggest bully on the block for quite some time? Irony isn't strong enough of a word...

Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
When you bully people, what do you expect?

I left the Board mainly because you were pushing for things to be done your way "or else". It wasn't the first time, nor did I see it as being the last. Given that your way could have resulted in criminal charges to me, I chose the lesser of two evils and walked away while I could.

I appreciate what you've done for the community, I really do. But to lay the blame on others, without taking some of the responsibility for your own conduct, seems disingenuous at best. To accuse others of bullying, when you have been the biggest bully on the block for quite some time? Irony isn't strong enough of a word...

thanks for this off topic and full of lies BS post. Saves me to elaborate on details why I stepped down.
And I don't give a f*ck what you appreciate or don't.
>>be done your way "or else"<< ?? or else the results from me stopping to abuse my private account to do stuff that HiFo was obliged to do will ensue. You're free to call this bullying. Actually you're free to utter almost any BS you like. See next section nevertheless.
BTW don't worry, the only thing you might get prosecuted for is by me for spreading FUD like >>Given that your way could have resulted in criminal charges to me<< about me, and I don't plan to pursue this lost case. Probably even when I would start a application for a restrictive injunction and get a C&D decree that forbids you to continue with publicly implying I did anything illegal, I couldn't enforce it since you seem not responsible for your actions.

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2014-04-11 at 01:30.

Tags
migration, migration#2