I'm having trouble adding/editing rules in Proximus. The "New" button is green, but nothing happens when I press it. The "Edit" button stays gray, which I guess means its disabled. Pressing it does nothing, even if I have selected one of the example rules before pressing the button. What could be the cause of my problems?

Originally Posted by vige View Post
I'm having trouble adding/editing rules in Proximus. The "New" button is green, but nothing happens when I press it. The "Edit" button stays gray, which I guess means its disabled. Pressing it does nothing, even if I have selected one of the example rules before pressing the button. What could be the cause of my problems?
Could you provide us the format of the configuration file? That way I could perhaps add the rules manually using a text editor...

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
honestly I don't know the format, it's probably some sort of xml but I don't write it directly.
did it ever work? try to reset the settings (in the menu).
try a previous version or make sure you're using the newest one.
I really have no idea what could cause your problem, it should work on all firmware versions...
Also try to turn your phone completely off, it doesn't do this unless you hold in the power button for about 10 seconds.
btw, I won't reply again for a while, it's 1:30 am here

sorry, there is a bug where if the wifi is disabled it will queue up too many scans and you will have to kill it. I'll try to fix it ASAP. (i hope it's to save power because no way you shouldn't be able to do scans!)

-edit-
okay, fixed in 1.3.2

Last edited by Creamy Goodness; 2012-03-08 at 04:40.

The Following User Says Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
Your 1.3.3 version (and maybe >1.30) makes the search for update apps to load forever, may be some evil .list like the filemanager issue? https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/sho...cgi?id=1044#c5.
Also, i can't find a proper way to disable PSM based in the rule i set: Enter in PSM from 00:00 to 12:00. It enters, but doesn't disable it when is the time.
And a final question, it runs on startup? does it work (or should it work) while Proximus is not open?

The Following User Says Thank You to Hariainm For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Hariainm View Post
Your 1.3.3 version (and maybe >1.30) makes the search for update apps to load forever, may be some evil .list like the filemanager issue? https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/sho...cgi?id=1044#c5.
Also, i can't find a proper way to disable PSM based in the rule i set: Enter in PSM from 00:00 to 12:00. It enters, but doesn't disable it when is the time.
And a final question, it runs on startup? does it work (or should it work) while Proximus is not open?
I can't reproduce the 'forever searching for updates' issue.
There's probably some bug with the timers if it's not switching out of PSM, I can look at this later.
The proximus-daemon process should be running on startup, the user interface will tell you the process ID # if it is.

The Following User Says Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
@Creamy Goodness,

Any news about a N900 version?

I wouldn't mind if the GUI is QML or QWidget or anything. Actually, I'd rather NOT have a GUI but just the daemon and some editable config file.

Can you quickly let me know how the settings are stored and if they can be edited by a human? If so, I could try installing the daemon manually..

Yeah the timers were not coded correctly, or maybe I deleted something by accident. It seems I forgot to connect the signal emitted when the timer elapses to the part that rechecks the rule, and I also forgot to set a new timer for 24 hrs later when the previous one elapses.
I'm just testing my changes now...

For n900 version, even the c++ daemon won't work as-is. Can you take a look at this and see if it fits your needs? http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82415
The person that made it might be able to add more features too.

-edit-
okay 1.3.4 seems to work

Last edited by Creamy Goodness; 2012-03-28 at 02:46.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki, Finland
I have a problem with calendar keyword based rules. When a calendar event starts Proximus changes the profile to silent, but it doesn't change the profile back to ringing when the calendar event ends. Is there any way to make the profile switch back to previous setting when the calendar event ends?

I'll give you two options:

If your calendar event was "meeting" you could make a rule that checks for meeting with the "NOT" option enabled, and sets it to ringing.

Since I let you set the order of rules and it processes them top to bottom (I think) you can just put a rule at the top that doesn't check anything and sets it to ringing, and just make sure you have rules below it to set to quiet when you want it to.

Let me know if this doesn't work for you...

Tags
proximus