Notices

Closed Thread
I put area code in. It work. You can try both.

@Brank
NO problemo. Feel free to use it to help others. Just give credit.

@bullion87
Sorry to hear you could get it to work. My tutorials is only for Tmobile USA users. if you have another service provider, it might be different. If you do have Tmobile USA, please detail your problem and you shall receive help.

Last edited by azz; 2010-01-11 at 17:56.

how do you delete an mms message?

Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
For now, you remove the push message in /home/user/.fmms/push/<ID> and the corresponding directory /home/user/.fmms/mms/<ID>

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

Originally Posted by azz View Post
TMOBILE USA MMS SETTING

NOTE: MAke sure you have fAPN + Fmms installed
fMMS is located in Extras-Devel
fAPN is located in Extras-testing
Go HERE to learn more about adding more repositories to your app manager

1st - Create New APN

-Install "fAPN" from app manager (please install Fmms too if you haven't) and run the app
-Create a new APN (I call mine Tmo-mms) and click "add"

2nd - Edit APN

-go into setting (where all the icons are)
-go into "internet connection" under connectivity
-click on "connection"
-highlight your NEW APN (Tmo-mms) and click "edit"
-Hit "next" on the next window
-In *access point name*, put in "wap.voicestream.com"
-Leave everything else blank and hit "next"
-Hit "advance" on the next window
-Put a "check mark" on use proxy
-In *http proxy:*, enter 216.155.165.50, in *port #*, enter 8080 (or 9201 if 8080 fail)
-Put a "check mark" on Automatic Configuration
-In *web address*, enter http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
-Hit "SAVE", and then "Finish"
NOTE: I honestly don't know if you need to put both proxy and web address in there because if you check web address, proxy turns gray. If you uncheck web address, proxy light up. I will test and report later.

3rd - fMMS Setting

-Open fMMS, you will be prompt to put in a APN
-Enter in your newly create APN (Tmo-mms) *Case sensitive
-In *MMSC*, enter http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
-In *Resize image*, enter 300 or something lower (don't know how high is max)
-Enter your phone number at last (without dash)
-Hit "SAVE"

4th - Send MMS

-Tap on the top center (where you see fMMS V )
-Hit "New MMS"
-Put in number to sent mms to
-put in message
-put in attachment (photos)

BEFORE you hit SEND, connect to Tmo-mms first (same place where you usually connect to wifi). You can do this before Step 4 if you want. For some reason, if I don't connect to this first, it doesn't work (I will get a "network error" message).

-Hit "SEND"
-You should see a "resizing" notice and then a bunch of gibberish number/symbol/letter. This means you sent it.

I hope this help anyone out there who is having trouble with Tmo USA MMS setting. As Egoshin mentioned earlier, TMO usa user may have problem because of the secondary setting. Good luck and much thanks to FRALS for this app (and fAPN) and the work hard behind it.
worked for me! thank you!!

Originally Posted by azz View Post
I put area code in. It work. You can try both.

@Brank
NO problemo. Feel free to use it to help others. Just give credit.

@bullion87
Sorry to hear you could get it to work. My tutorials is only for Tmobile USA users. if you have another service provider, it might be different. If you do have Tmobile USA, please detail your problem and you shall receive help.
I have Tmobile USA and after applied your setting I got errors following:
MMSC REPLIED:504_Gateway_Timeout
Body:<html>
<head>
<title>Error 504 Gateway Timeout</title>
<head>
<body>
<h2>HTTP ERROR: 504</h2><pre>Gateway Timeout</pre>
<p>RequestURI=http://mms.msg.eng.tmobile.com/mms/wapenc</p>

oh wait, I got it to work so many thanks. just one question, in order to received MMS, do I have to connect to the new APN (in my case tmo-mms) or the connection only require for sending :?

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Originally Posted by bullion87 View Post
I have Tmobile USA and after applied your setting I got errors following:
MMSC REPLIED:504_Gateway_Timeout
Body:<html>
<head>
<title>Error 504 Gateway Timeout</title>
<head>
<body>
<h2>HTTP ERROR: 504</h2><pre>Gateway Timeout</pre>
<p>RequestURI=http://mms.msg.eng.tmobile.com/mms/wapenc</p>
I think it has sense for you - find other guy with T-Mobile on a regular postpaid SIM card, insert it into N900 and try. If it works - you have no luck and should change to postpaid contract. If it doesn't - it has sense to search more "what is unique with your phone". May be - travel to another city and try.

Sorry for unlucky news.

Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
oh wait, I got it to work so many thanks. just one question, in order to received MMS, do I have to connect to the new APN (in my case tmo-mms) or the connection only require for sending :?
Required for getting them as well

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Congratulations!

What was a reason, BTW? Answer please.

Answer to you question - I think the new "APN tmo-mms" is needed for fMMS only, just to know where is the server and follow gateway rules (it may be VERY specific for MMS only). But you should use a regular cellular connection for the rest of phone software. Don't bother with gateway ("APN" in "Setting/Internet connections") from your new tmo-mms for 3G connection - it would decrease your bandwidth.

Again, I suspect your new tmo-mms defines gateway only for fMMS usage. But please answer first.

Originally Posted by egoshin View Post
Congratulations!

What was a reason, BTW? Answer please.

Answer to you question - I think the new "APN tmo-mms" is needed for fMMS only, just to know where is the server and follow gateway rules (it may be VERY specific for MMS only). But you should use a regular cellular connection for the rest of phone software. Don't bother with gateway ("APN" in "Setting/Internet connections") from your new tmo-mms for 3G connection - it would decrease your bandwidth.

Again, I suspect your new tmo-mms defines gateway only for fMMS usage.
I am not sure what is the reason, I tried fmms this morning and gave up on it. After I update the my phone with the newest firmware and update fMMS and fAPN, it came to work fine, I guessed it just the configuration . I am testing if the phone actually need APN tmo-mms to receive message. BTW how do you delete message? or it will be implemented later (I guess later on it would be integrate into conversation )

Closed Thread

Tags
application, community win, fmms, frals rocks, fralsvsnokia1-0, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, mms, n900, python