Posts: 143 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Guys,

I thought I should share this with you even though some of you may have discovered it on your own. My phone had been a bit sluggish and I wondered why. Yesterday, I was just playing around with Modest and my Gmail IMAP settings when I realized reducing the number of IMAP folders and messages not only improved Modest but also made the whole system run faster.

Has anyone else noticed this? Would you like to share other such tips with the rest?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shanrizvi For This Useful Post:
Sorry, but I'm new to my N900: where did you set the limits for the number of folder and messages? I don't see these options.

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by shanrizvi View Post
Guys,

I thought I should share this with you even though some of you may have discovered it on your own. My phone had been a bit sluggish and I wondered why. Yesterday, I was just playing around with Modest and my Gmail IMAP settings when I realized reducing the number of IMAP folders and messages not only improved Modest but also made the whole system run faster.

Has anyone else noticed this? Would you like to share other such tips with the rest?
if this is absolute, then this will be helpful in my case