Posts: 169 | Thanked: 194 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Austria
i tried flashing sailfish x to an xperia x, but first it said md5 doesn't match, even after redownloading. then when i executed the flash commands from the script it said 0 devices found, so i added the word raw like sudo fastboot flash:raw oem SW... there every file except sailfish.img001 to userdata partition went well. it says file too big for the partition. i even downloaded sailfish x for the dual sim variant and tried flashing this file, it said the same... i don't know what i should do anymore. bootloader is unlocked. here the output of sudo fastboot getvar all, although it doesn't say unlocked, but on boot it shows the screen that it's unlocked :
Code:
(bootloader) version:0.5
(bootloader) max-download-size:	0x20000000
(bootloader) partition-type:cache:ext4
(bootloader) partition-size:cache:	 0x10000000
(bootloader) partition-type:userdata:ext4
(bootloader) partition-size:userdata:	 0x52cc00000
(bootloader) partition-type:system:ext4
(bootloader) partition-size:system:	 0x1d3800000
(bootloader) secure:no
(bootloader) version-baseband:1300-4911_34.4.A.2.118
(bootloader) version-bootloader:1299-4841 S1_Boot_MSM8956_LA1.0.1_O_168
(bootloader) serialno:---
(bootloader) product:F5121
all: 
Finished. Total time: 0.014s
what would you do? i use archlinux and i also tried windows on another laptop, but i only ran the flashscript, but it also didn't work.

The Following User Says Thank You to smatkovi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 286 | Thanked: 615 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by smatkovi View Post
i tried flashing sailfish x to an xperia x, but first it said md5 doesn't match, even after redownloading.
md5 must match

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to acrux For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by smatkovi View Post
i tried flashing sailfish x to an xperia x, but first it said md5 doesn't match, even after redownloading. then when i executed the flash commands from the script it said 0 devices found, so i added the word raw like sudo fastboot flash:raw oem SW... there every file except sailfish.img001 to userdata partition went well. it says file too big for the partition. i even downloaded sailfish x for the dual sim variant and tried flashing this file, it said the same... i don't know what i should do anymore. bootloader is unlocked. here the output of sudo fastboot getvar all, although it doesn't say unlocked, but on boot it shows the screen that it's unlocked :
Code:
(bootloader) version:0.5
(bootloader) max-download-size:	0x20000000
(bootloader) partition-type:cache:ext4
(bootloader) partition-size:cache:	 0x10000000
(bootloader) partition-type:userdata:ext4
(bootloader) partition-size:userdata:	 0x52cc00000
(bootloader) partition-type:system:ext4
(bootloader) partition-size:system:	 0x1d3800000
(bootloader) secure:no
(bootloader) version-baseband:1300-4911_34.4.A.2.118
(bootloader) version-bootloader:1299-4841 S1_Boot_MSM8956_LA1.0.1_O_168
(bootloader) serialno:---
(bootloader) product:F5121
all: 
Finished. Total time: 0.014s
what would you do? i use archlinux and i also tried windows on another laptop, but i only ran the flashscript, but it also didn't work.
Manual fastboot commands on Windows always works for me. 3 different phones, (1 official and 2 community), and several different versions, and never had a problem. The main headache is tje initial setup, making sure to have the correct drivers and dealing with Windows idiosyncrasies, etc... Once fastboot is ready to go, just extract the hybris-boot, fimage.img and sailfish.img from the download zip, and make sure you have the Sony oem file, (might be included in some fw). Then cd to that directory, and
HTML Code:
fastboot flash boot hybris-boot.img
fastboot flash system fimage.img001
fastboot flash userdata sailfish.img001
fastboot flash oem (name of Sony oem file)
I do remember getting a warning message one time about file size, but ot worked anyway, (can't remember the details ...)