Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Whoa there...

Radio/TV is making people stupid, smartphones, internet... bit luddite/technophobic (especially coming from a place that will claim certain technologies are better and good for betterment of humanity/mankind as a whole, praise linux, screw bionic and all)

Heh, ok, before pokemon there were no people staring at their FB chat app or whatever while walking and going on bicycle lanes, surely that never happened, bit sceptic there. You do seem a bit angry, but really not sure if pokemon go is to blame for 2 worst candidates in history of us elections getting the nomination, bit of a stretch, no?
Did I say this changed cause of pokemon? No I just say people are mobile zombies. And has stopped using their own brains and trust everything on social media without checking sources. That's make human stupid and will create all those terrorists and War, killings and so on.

anyway I should stop hijack this thread sorry...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Did I say this changed cause of pokemon? No I just say people are mobile zombies. And has stopped using their own brains and trust everything on social media without checking sources. That's make human stupid and will create all those terrorists and War or killings.
Ok, so this is just a general rant on the way the times have changed and state of affairs, as it was posted in 'Pokemon GO not working' thread thought I'm missing some connection between this specific app (or it working/not working) and the message, cool.

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 178 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Mira (Venice) - Italy
Guys keep this thread related to MircoG/Pokemon GO/Alien Dalvik/Android/Sailfish OS.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vento For This Useful Post:
I have also managed to get it working with the modified APK. Steps I took:
  • Install GApps
  • Install Pokemon Go from APK
  • Create Pokemon Trainer account
  • Open Google Maps (needed to get GPS working properly)
  • Open Pokemon Go and log in with the trainer account.

Something I discovered while doing this is that the password box when you are creating an account silently truncates your password. If you put in a password longer than the max it allows (16 chars, I believe) then it will accept it, but you won't be able to use it to log into the app (which does not truncate input).

The Following User Says Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 212 | Thanked: 184 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sweden
Using 2.0.3.11 and with the new GPS settings i think that outside the phone is cooler and inside a store it went a little bit hotter but not as much as with the old settings.
http://www.ladda-upp.se/bilder/ksbqjqaajrcetm/
http://www.ladda-upp.se/bilder/qvemqgmqjnnnwy/

Im using Device only mode and it works more accurate then the regular one. (i think at least) Gonna try it out this weekend and will get back with more info.

Last edited by Eminem; 2016-07-23 at 11:14.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eminem For This Useful Post:
After latest update of pokemongo can't get it to work with microG on jolla C, crashes when starting and gps enabled and if gps disabled while starting never finds it after turning on, shame

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Okey, now I also MUST HAVE pokemon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKE_Y8rEWEs

....or not

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2016-08-12 at 13:19.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 334 | Thanked: 2,004 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Fin
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
After latest update of pokemongo can't get it to work with microG on jolla C, crashes when starting and gps enabled and if gps disabled while starting never finds it after turning on, shame
You figured this out yourself, didn't you?

Uninstall microG and UnifiedNLP, and install newest versions eg. from F-Droid

The Following User Says Thank You to eekkelund For This Useful Post:
Posts: 212 | Thanked: 184 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sweden
Don´t update to version 0.37.0 that got released today. Says that the phone or Android version is incompatible.

The Following User Says Thank You to Eminem For This Useful Post:
The new version uses Google SafetyNet to verify your device, so it will not work on rooted devices or devices not passing the Android Compatibility Tests of Google. See Reddit for more information:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonGOdev

I already tried just removing /opt/alien/su and /opt/alien/usr/su but that seems to be not enough. There is an app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...fetynet.sample) to check if the device will pass the test without updating Pokemon Go, if anybody wants to play a bit.

We really should find a way to pass this test, if it is successfull for Pokemon Go I fear other apps will use it, too

Edit: I was too fast, renaming the su binaries is not enough for the test app, but enough for Pokemon Go to run

Last edited by balta; 2016-09-12 at 07:35.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to balta For This Useful Post: