Active Topics

Poll: Who did you vote for Maemo Community Council
Poll Options
Who did you vote for Maemo Community Council

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I want to thank my two constituents. I won't let you down.

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
I don't know in the US but at least in Europe the election polls run by candidates during the voting period are between forbidden and smelly. Am I the only one not very happy about this poll, no matter who started it and the final results?

PS: this is my personal opinion as community member and nothing more.

Last edited by qgil; 2009-09-22 at 03:44.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
Next thing there will be primaries, Florida style ballots (read: ala Jeb), etc. The first two elections were much simpler!

BTW - Excellent candidates ! Interesting to see the final tallies

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
Am I the only one not very happy about this poll, no matter who started it and the final results?
In all honesty I don't think it will impact the real voting nor likely reflect it. I mean, come on-- me tied for first? Pish.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
I don't know in the US but at least in Europe the election polls run by candidates during the voting period are between forbidden and smelly. Am I the only one not very happy about this poll, no matter who started it and the final results?

Except this data isn't taken from the real poll; its an exit poll. It is entirely voluntary. People are free to state nothing, lie, or truth. Exit polls are normal in US.

I don't like exit polls though, and know how I deal with exit polls. I do my uttermost best to DoS them...

Same when asked on which party I'd vote. 1) None of your goddamn business 2) Not relevant, only influences opinions making the popular even more popular working strategic voting in hand (nobody wants to see their vote wasted to a loser).

What happened during EU election was different. The Netherlands voted on thursday whereas other countries still had to vote on saturday and sunday whereas the Netherlands voting results were released on friday because 'they are always released a day after election day'. A shame.

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA

It was intended only for fun. Why are you NOT happy. It seems to show a great diversity in voting which is a good thing. Nobody has an edge over anyone else from this poll.

I am conflicted on polls in real life. It seems like most political polls are made to convince you of an outcome before it happens. This was not the intent here, it was not intended to upset anyone.

Again it was only for fun.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA

I agree, I really think it should be taken down.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
We will post the actual data once the election is complete so why should this be taken down? How is this a bad thing?

I guess I just really do not see an issue?
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
I agree, I really think it should be taken down.
Hey, at least you got a vote!

I see my platform of eating children has been very fruitful, lol

The Following User Says Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
I would say at the very list it might even confuse some people might think they are really voting here. Then there vote wouldn't count. Besides that it is just wrong to run a poll while we are voting this poll should be run before hand if you wanted to run it.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post: