Active Topics

Gasp... just came home from work, saw the announcement on the maemo ML, checked in here and, WTF, twenty pages ?! :-)

Too bad this is going to have to wait until the weekend... :-(

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Italy
I fell microb sappier because I have no plugin installed (yet)...I'll try with flash and add block (plus).

P.S.
I noticed that I don't have avay (bonjour) service running (but a lot of juicy IPv6 stuff), do you have it running?

P.P.S
Do you have reinstalled RTCOMM beta or just the haze and telephaty packages?

Gadnat!

Toutes les informations utiles (pages encore en anglais) : Présentez-vous à la communauté , L'essentiel pour bien commencer, Débuter sur Maemo 4 (N800 - N810), Le Wiki sur Maemo 5 (N900), La FAQ, Le sous-forum dédié aux communautés

En cas de souci, n'hésitez pas à me poser vos questions!

----------------

Benvenuto! Se hai bisogno di aiuto, sono a disposizione.
Ecco dove iniziare (in inglese):

Presentazioni dei nuovi iscritti,Primi passi per nuovi iscritti, Wiki per chi inizia con Maemo 4 (N800 - N810), Wiki per chi inizia con Maemo 5 (N900), FAQ, Subforum della Comunità

In caso di dubbi o domande non esitare: contattami!

Can't see this anywhere else -

following diablo flashing, and restore of settings, the application manager fails to update as all the repositories are trying to point to 128.0.0.1:8118. I used to have a proxy adblocker installed (which pointed to this IP/port), but the connection settings have this firmly turned off. So my guess is that the app mgr is holding this proxy data somewhere. Anyone got an idea where this may be?

Thanks

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ eastern north carolina usa
Originally Posted by fpp View Post
Gasp... just came home from work, saw the announcement on the maemo ML, checked in here and, WTF, twenty pages ?! :-)

Too bad this is going to have to wait until the weekend... :-(
at the rate this is going...you'll be overwhelmed....

Whoops - you post in despair then find a fix 30s after. My problem below was fixed by just deleting the maemo extras dev repository. Hopefully the answer may help someone else.

>following diablo flashing, and restore of settings, the application manager fails to update as all the repositories are trying to point to 128.0.0.1:8118.

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Finally xterm keeps toolbar settings. And locale settings are great!
And I got gps fix about 30s. I think agps helps little bit :>

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Hampshire, UK
Can anyone help please, I know what my problem is now but dont know how to fix it.

I checked the repositories and they had no distribution listed, I made it diablo and now I have to updates available:

Operating system and makedev (2.3.1-73osso-4)

Both say they are uninstallable because the other is missing, when I try to install them they say "go ahead anyway", I say yes but it fails.

As they are reliant on each other how can I fix this?

Ok....this is VAGUELY related....I have re-flashed and everything is going good.

AGPS doesn't seem to give me a faster fix....in fact I have NEVER had a fix with the internal...I use an external Globaltop G66 and it's freakin awesome so i'm not really bothered.

Anyway...I notice that when I did the whole penguin-jiggidy-jiggidy-dual-boot-from-external thing that when I booted sometimes a bloke would talk to me from my N810 saying something like:

"Hello, this is Liam Scromscrod, and I pronounce Linux as...Linux"

...really quiet-like and not very well recorded.

I figure SOMEBODY must be able to tell me who/what the hell that was? I figure it was a "signature" from the software writer of the external-boot thingy.

My Fiance want's to know as she thinks it's pretty weird....so did I.

Luckily....the man in my N810 is now gone.

Last edited by mrglass2626; 2008-06-24 at 22:06.

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
I have just updated bootmenu to support Diablo initfs version, flashed my N810 with it and it works, not tried 770 and N800 yet.
http://fanoush.wz.cz/maemo/#initfs
http://fanoush.wz.cz/maemo/initfs_flasher.tgz

Maybe it was already mentioned (will read this thread later) but initfs is now bigger (4MB) so no need to remove extra stuff and more possibilities in future and also dual booting with previous firmware works.

This is just quick update, there is still no full support for framebuffer console. There are two new optional bootmenu.conf options MENU_X_FBMODE (auto,manual) and MENU_X_USBMODE (host,peripheral,otg) but so far they are not much useful. Both are meant primarily for emergency framebuffer recovery console (with usb keyboard in case of N800/770) but it is not finished yet.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to fanoush For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Weird about agps, I saw it when I first flashed, now I no longer see it in Installed or Installable apps.

But my GPS seems a lot faster; it's a Holus GPSlim 240 on my N800. I got good reception from my bed, where I usually can't get a fix.

Other than that and a certain overall smoother feeling, I haven't noticed much change. I would have thought that Nokia could have energized the free development system by bundling Personal Menu and the large statusbar clock with the system; they are big improvements on what the tablet comes with by default. And screen rotation. It would be a secret sign that Nokia actually appreciates the volunteer contributions made.