Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
this is really strange to me. Especially since the last version I omitted anything in /usr/local/share and I still am able to install.
I do have openmode and aegis patched kernel.
But I really really doubt that is the issue.
You can try by escalating priviledges with develsh, after devel-su and see how that changes stuff
Of course you are right, it is not EXACTLY the same error message, sorry: actually now it complains about permissions in »./usr/local/share/info« (Operation not permitted) instead of ...share/applications...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
did you try
devel-su
develsh
dpkg -i emac_24.3_armel_0.deb

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
did you try
devel-su
develsh
This worked, thanks.

I had to start with:

/usr/local/bin/emacs-24.3 -nw

looks ok, will try a little using fingerterm

Thanks very much!

The Following User Says Thank You to toebaer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by toebaer View Post
This worked, thanks.

I had to start with:

/usr/local/bin/emacs-24.3 -nw

looks ok, will try a little using fingerterm

Thanks very much!
Now, you should probably add /usr/local/bin to your PATH and alias emacs='emacs -nw'

edit ~/.profile and add

Code:

export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin
alias emacs='emacs -nw'

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 13 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Germany
did you try
devel-su
develsh
Thanks a lot for the great work, it installed now without any problems.

I tried running emacs with fingerterm and I have see a warning in the terminal after closing it:

Code:
# /usr/local/bin/emacs-24.3 -nw
Warning: arch-dependent data dir (/usr/local/libexec/emacs/24.3/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabihf/) does not exist.
I have not yet seen any misbehavior because of that yet. Do you know the reason for this warning and what to do about it?

Originally Posted by RainerH View Post
Thanks a lot for the great work, it installed now without any problems.

I tried running emacs with fingerterm and I have see a warning in the terminal after closing it:

Code:
# /usr/local/bin/emacs-24.3 -nw
Warning: arch-dependent data dir (/usr/local/libexec/emacs/24.3/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabihf/) does not exist.
I have not yet seen any misbehavior because of that yet. Do you know the reason for this warning and what to do about it?
Probably a cross-compiler issue, creating that dir.
I didnt experience any issues with this, and since this was a quickie just to try I didnt investigate much.
Probably it will disappear if you create that directory - but, for me, thats a minor-

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Probably a cross-compiler issue, creating that dir.
I didnt experience any issues with this, and since this was a quickie just to try I didnt investigate much.
Probably it will disappear if you create that directory - but, for me, thats a minor-
Thanks, I created the directory as root and gave all users allowance to write to it - the warning disappeared.

Originally Posted by RainerH View Post
Thanks, I created the directory as root and gave all users allowance to write to it - the warning disappeared.
So, how did this work for you - look at this thread for previous issues, eg, can you open folders as well as files (perhaps even use LISP ) ?

So, how did this work for you - look at this thread for previous issues, eg, can you open folders as well as files (perhaps even use LISP ) ?
Everything I have tried, like opening org files, running calc, browsing folders, and running some LISP code worked fine.

Thanks a lot again making this possible.

The Following User Says Thank You to RainerH For This Useful Post:
I can confirm that everything I need and tried works. Most disturbing have been floating-point errors with date calculations and or other functions in org-mode...does not seem to be the case any more...so it seems fully functional, as far as the probably rather trivial lisp code in my .emacs is concerned
Thanks again