Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
Hi everyone,

I know this is a silly thread, but it looks like Nokia/flipswap aren't going to give my $280 rebate... Does anyone happen to have a screenshot of the promotion or details? I took one, "just in case", and now I can't find it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Hope this helps

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
SAABoy, I'm in the same boat it seems.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
SAABoy, I'm in the same boat it seems.
so what's your story, Gerbick?

Originally Posted by SAABoy View Post
so what's your story, Gerbick?
I signed up for Flipswap during the first promotion, couldn't purchase the phone due to my bank not trusting their process - NokiaUSA.com shows up as some generic sounding Cellphone & Equipment Sales and my bank called me immediately.

I had to two phone handle the situation - one ear to the bank, one to NokiaUSA. There was no block, other than the suspicion - and it got resolved... so we thought. Three more attempts, I said I was going to call them back. I got busy, called... got the same person as before amazingly enough and they worked it out to where I'd get the phone with a one-off coupon to get it at that $199 price.

Well... it's not looking good on the Flipswap side. But I should find out shortly.

If not, I have a person that's willing to buy, I'll lose nothing... wipe my hands of this ordeal. I've been quiet about it so far because I think my situation is very atypical.

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on May 2010 @ galveston, tx
Flipswap is terrible. Promised me $50 rebate but the check never arrived.

I signed up for Flipswap during the first promotion, couldn't purchase the phone due to my bank not trusting their process - NokiaUSA.com shows up as some generic sounding Cellphone & Equipment Sales and my bank called me immediately.

I had to two phone handle the situation - one ear to the bank, one to NokiaUSA. There was no block, other than the suspicion - and it got resolved... so we thought. Three more attempts, I said I was going to call them back. I got busy, called... got the same person as before amazingly enough and they worked it out to where I'd get the phone with a one-off coupon to get it at that $199 price.

Well... it's not looking good on the Flipswap side. But I should find out shortly.

If not, I have a person that's willing to buy, I'll lose nothing... wipe my hands of this ordeal. I've been quiet about it so far because I think my situation is very atypical.
That is indeed atypical :P someone tried to make it right by still providing you with the one-off rebate... supposedly :P Glad you have a way out... I dont Theres no way nokia/flipswap are getting away with this.

What will you do? I have a good mind to keep it, join the cluster of folks that have it, love it... and probably paid too much for it and call it a day.

Especially with as much hell as I've brought to these boards before I owned one. Besides, it's Linux based, will work when I go overseas without incident... hell, that alone is worth it to me.

Perhaps. Sucks though man... I hope you get to a good resolution soon.

What will you do? I have a good mind to keep it, join the cluster of folks that have it, love it... and probably paid too much for it and call it a day.

Especially with as much hell as I've brought to these boards before I owned one. Besides, it's Linux based, will work when I go overseas without incident... hell, that alone is worth it to me.

Perhaps. Sucks though man... I hope you get to a good resolution soon.
Not sure what to do about it though... Guess I'll write back to flipswap.

I already have an N900!! I bought this as a second one, assuming mine dies from OC or other malfunction before I find another phone I really like... $200 for another n900, heck yes. $480 ? I don't think so. I haven't even opened the box yet in case these shenanigans happened, or I wanted to sell it instead...

Not sure what to do about it though... Guess I'll write back to flipswap.

Thanks!

Last edited by SAABoy; 2010-10-08 at 21:29.