Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Yes, the latter works. If you bought a used license you could also e-mail Wayfinder to ask them to 'unlock' the license. Then you can relock it to your current MAC address without needing to spoof. I'm not sure they always do this, but one can try...

EDIT: License potentially for sale

Last edited by allnameswereout; 2008-10-10 at 09:44. Reason: link

Originally Posted by mortti View Post
Bought this http://www.expansys.com/p.aspx?i=151567 from expansys and it unlocked Wayfinder Europe in my N810 just fine. You can also then sell the Nokia Wireless GPS Module LD-3W to reduce the price of the license
Works for all of Europe, Italy too?
Thanks

Originally Posted by ernia View Post
Works for all of Europe, Italy too?
Thanks
No, this one only works for Northern Europe.

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Mexico
Hi, i've been trying to figure out what to do with this, i recently just bought my N810 and the trial has expired, i've been reading all the 19 pages 2 days ago, and my head is spinning, i dont know much of the codes you are posting, i know the basics of the Xterminal, please, ive tried to do all the methods posted here, need help from anyone. My map version is 2.2.8.604-1. Can someone provide STEP by STEP for dummies on how to crack wayfinder? thanks in advance

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
You don't crack it. You simply get another 7 day trial and possibly steal someone else's who did not use it (like me!). Its not worth it, just use Maemo Mapper...

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
cant crack .604 im still using .377 (i have the latest firmware, just uninstalled newer map and reinstalled older) i use macchanger, if you are interested PM me and i can email your the >deb for the older version so you can get unlimited free trials by changing the mac address

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Easiest way with the latest version of Map is to buy a cheap licence (like the one from Expansys for Northern Europe); possibly from ebay.

I have just read the last 19 pages and wow i am way confused, i have just received a new to me N810 and i do not know when the Wayfinder was first used and for the clock roll back. I tried using the macchanger/root way and i dont think i am smart enough for that. I could use a little help. Thanks

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
libmacspoof works with the earlier version of wayfinder. instructions can be found in this thread ....by thesandlord

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
By me? Really? I never used this, so I can't say... Are you sure you are not confusing me with anyone else? As I said before, I never even used my trial (actually uninstalled all the maps and stuff in the first week)

Anyway, this no longer works with the new map programs. You need to ask munky for the old .deb file.

Just use freakin maemo-mapper.

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

The Following User Says Thank You to Thesandlord For This Useful Post:

Tags
customers?, middlefinger