Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Behind that 5V input there is likely a voltage regulator.
If the internal circuitery requires at most 3.3V, with 0.5V difference it could just make it if it's a 'low dropout' type. However I'm afraid that as the input is supposed to power everything AND recharge the battery, a 3.8V source would be considered under the minimum and would not be used at all.

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
hmm ok, than i have do maybe a another plan. Maybe a solution without the internal batterie and only the 3200mAh accu.

Or a thin board I can put between the internal battery and this connected to the external accu. But the question is what happens when you connect two batteries in parallel. If both batteries loaded properly?

Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by cvp View Post
But the question is what happens when you connect two batteries in parallel.

also, google for "connect li-ion batteries in parallel"

(spoiler alert: bad plan! read this)

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I wouldn't be so resolute. People connect batteries in parallel all the time. See for example this thread, it contains diagrams of how to do it with the N900 batteries (the trick is to use the chip from only one of them). And my old laptop used 8x18650, four times two in parallel.

small update...

http://i43.tinypic.com/5clw8y.png
http://i39.tinypic.com/t5378i.png

.... hard to find some one what sels TOH Cover

The Following User Says Thank You to cvp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
yep. you cant use 2 different battery cells together (lipo/li-ion/). its killing smaller battery and they do not charge in balans! smaller can burn..

i dont connect two accus, this method will connect to the two pins and charge the internal accu

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by cvp View Post
i dont connect two accus, this method will connect to the two pins and charge the internal accu
How are you going to charge the toh battery, with some external charger?
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
this should be handy!

USB LiIon/LiPoly charger - v1.2

hi! nice work so far!

i wonder how the power management will handle this... usually (i.e. when charging via usb-board) the phone stops charging when the internal battery is full... be sure this also happens when charging via those connectors or you'll end up with some pretty expensive fireworks...

also be sure you don't run into trouble when connecting the phone to a usb-port while this other half is attached (would be double-charging, wouldn't it?)