works fine with minidlna server and a sony hifi (can't remember the model number). I use it mainly for music, so it would be nice to be able to add an album at a time, rather than just a single song. Nice work though.

Originally Posted by nokiac View Post
I turned it off using the terminal, "systemctl stop iptables.service" , and also checked by doing "iptables -L" if it was really disabled. So that part was ok. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.
Out of ideas here. Worked for me on F17 as well :-/

Originally Posted by slarti View Post
Works great!
I like how it shows what media is incompatible with selected renderer because my media libraries are sometimes a mess. I hope you plan to check which renderer can play/show the selected media in the "share over UPnP"-feature? (I hope I understood that correctly)
That's a bit hard to do with the current back-end. You'll get a nice and shiny "Incompatible media" error, though

The Following User Says Thank You to phako For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by phako View Post
Out of ideas here. Worked for me on F17 as well :-/
Hi,
I was finally able to make PS3Mediaserver show up on Helium. Now, problem is , when I click on a file in the shares in Ps3Mediaserver, it does not play on the TV. I tried music and videos. The traces in the mediaserver dont even show anything was attempted to be played. Do we need anything special in PS3Mediaserver config ? Which version did u try ?

I confirmed that the Ps3Mediaserver is alive well, as I was able to initiate playback using the TV remote conrtol / interface .

Last edited by nokiac; 2012-04-18 at 15:50.

Hi,
I was finally able to make PS3Mediaserver show up on Helium. Now, problem is , when I click on a file in the shares in Ps3Mediaserver, it does not play on the TV. I tried music and videos. The traces in the mediaserver dont even show anything was attempted to be played. Do we need anything special in PS3Mediaserver config ? Which version did u try ?
1.52.1. You need to long-press, not click.

I upgraded to 1.52.1. Then I long -pressed a music file.This is what happened:

INFO 2012-04-19 00:05:41.864 [StartPlaying Event] renderer: 192.168.72.108, file: /home/user/Movies/Downloads/song.mp3
INFO 2012-04-19 00:05:45.866 [StopPlaying Event] renderer: 192.168.72.108, file: /home/user/Movies/Downloads/song.mp3

192.168.72.108 is the IP address of my TV. Phone has address 192.168.72.141 .

Also, it showed an exclamation mark on my other video files and images(jpg) in the same directory. I never saw/heard anything on the TV. My TV is a Sony Bravia 40EX700

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ NC USA
Sorry if I am unclear on what this should do. I installed Helium on my PR1.2 N9 and started it. It found my Synology DS212j w/ DSM 4 and I can browse the media. I try to stream to my N9 by selecting a song and get the screen titled Renderer; nothing happens so I hit the refresh icon and get a "Server gone - Connection to server lost".

If streaming to N9 is not the intent here, sorry for the noise..........

Originally Posted by fongo View Post
Sorry if I am unclear on what this should do. I installed Helium on my PR1.2 N9 and started it. It found my Synology DS212j w/ DSM 4 and I can browse the media. I try to stream to my N9 by selecting a song and get the screen titled Renderer; nothing happens so I hit the refresh icon and get a "Server gone - Connection to server lost".

If streaming to N9 is not the intent here, sorry for the noise..........
Nope, streaming to the N9 is not supported; I've a vague idea how to add this, but there are more pressing issues to solve first.

I upgraded to 1.52.1. Then I long -pressed a music file.This is what happened:

INFO 2012-04-19 00:05:41.864 [StartPlaying Event] renderer: 192.168.72.108, file: /home/user/Movies/Downloads/song.mp3
INFO 2012-04-19 00:05:45.866 [StopPlaying Event] renderer: 192.168.72.108, file: /home/user/Movies/Downloads/song.mp3

192.168.72.108 is the IP address of my TV. Phone has address 192.168.72.141 .

Also, it showed an exclamation mark on my other video files and images(jpg) in the same directory. I never saw/heard anything on the TV. My TV is a Sony Bravia 40EX700
First of all, Bravias are quite picky and usually support only the bare minimum of media formats. PS3Mediaservier might work around this by transcoding (I don't know it in detail), BUT this is usually based on the user-agent of the controlling instance. Which is not the TV in your case but Helium, so the user-agent regexes in the Bravia*.conf don't match.

As for images, psm doesn't seem to support JPEG transcoding; the Bravias only do 640x480 IIRC; easy to test if you check with the internal DLNA server on the N9 which does JPEG transcoding (as it's mandatory for DLNA).

Originally Posted by phako View Post
First of all, Bravias are quite picky and usually support only the bare minimum of media formats. PS3Mediaservier might work around this by transcoding (I don't know it in detail), BUT this is usually based on the user-agent of the controlling instance. Which is not the TV in your case but Helium, so the user-agent regexes in the Bravia*.conf don't match.

As for images, psm doesn't seem to support JPEG transcoding; the Bravias only do 640x480 IIRC; easy to test if you check with the internal DLNA server on the N9 which does JPEG transcoding (as it's mandatory for DLNA).
Yes, PS3Mediaserver does transcoding to MPEG2/LPCM for me when playing a movie to my Bravia TV.
So, in this case, you think that if I muck around with the N900.conf file in the PS3Mediaserver to make it match the Bravia conf, do you think it will get rid of the excalamation marks and be able to play files to the TV !?