Notices

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by Swordfish II View Post
So what alternatives are there?

I couldn't even get cutetube2 to install, it downloads, starts to install, then says "unable to install"
What device are you attempting to install cutetube2 on?

N900. I had mostly used cutetube to download youtube music in the past

Originally Posted by Swordfish II View Post
N900. I had mostly used cutetube to download youtube music in the past
Have you tried installing from the terminal? If you could post the output here, one of our fine members might spot the problem.

Sadly, the original cutetube was obsoleted by Google's youtube API changes. And they seem to be requiring SSL connections for increasing numbers of videos, which cutetube2 doesn't support.

It could not install qyoutube, qvimeo, etc.

I managed to get it installed by first installing cutetube, rebooting, then installing cutetube2.

Unfortunately cutetube2 crashed...often

I uninstalled the original cutetube, which somewhat reduced crashes, but it still crashes quite a bit. On the plus side, I can once again download youtube videos/music when it works.

At my side cutetube2 works flawlessly... only xhamster plugin is broken

The Following User Says Thank You to enne30 For This Useful Post:
works fine here except for a playback issue not caused by the application itself. after a few days I get video can't be played, affects everything (cutetube2, stock mp, omp)

Is it worth replacing cutetube1 package with a virtual package to pull in cutetube2 instead now that it is defunct?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
Is it worth replacing cutetube1 package with a virtual package to pull in cutetube2 instead now that it is defunct?
+1

10 chars

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

cutetube2 works for me, excepting the SSL problem. I don't see the frequent crashing behavior swordfish describes.

Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
works fine here except for a playback issue not caused by the application itself. after a few days I get video can't be played, affects everything (cutetube2, stock mp, omp)

sometimes videos have playback issues with cutetube2 embedded player, I resolved using mplayer+kmplayer as default video player

Do you guys have cutetube1 installed along side cutetube 2? Is it required?

My cutetube 2 usually crashes when I am trying to download, it starts loading, I check the convert to audio box and while it is retrieving the quality it closes.

Tags
youtube