Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by evil85 View Post
hello everyone! this is my first post on maemo talk, so have pity of me and my poor english ;p i've seen this topic by D4rklar,thanks!
firs i want to thank all of you for comments and i will ensure that any critic will be used to give me improvements.
now,speaking of white carbon theme, i didn't understand the problem you are speaking about iivil...i WANT really to go higher with goodness in theme making,but i need some help. you mean i have to keep gtk cache files,so avoid to delete it from postinst? for colors i will check where is saved on my pc that file so i will add it to the package. after these operations,do you think all users problems will be solved?
thanks anyway to all users that are using my themes!
i wait for answers...and,it's a pleasure talk with you all!
Hi, if you take a look at your debian/postinst -file, you'll see you have rm -command that points to blackplastictheme-themedir
You might wanna remove that line, since it really doesn't have anything to do with your theme

And second thing was the missing colors.config -file. I don't know how do you do your theme, but there really needs to be that file for theme to work properly. You can take a look of some other themes to see how the colors.config -file is formatted.

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

in resident evil the colors are bad, the icons are bad, the backgrounds are bad, but can't say the whole theme is bad cuz the jumping menu icons or multitask jumping are awesome and also i think this theme made my phone a little faster

Originally Posted by cutehunk04 View Post
hey yin, same probs incurred wid me, i uninstall the theme n reinstall it but didnt used theme custom, may b it nt workin wid this theme...rest theme its wrking....
Thanks it worked for me.

hello again, i've update white carbon theme. now it can be customized with theme customizer.
thanks iivil to have explained me the problems in this theme. now i've added also colors.config in deb package. i've also removed that line referred to your theme :P
btw white carbon worked great also without colors.config, because, for what i know, font colors are managed by gtkrc file...so in past i've deleted colors.config because i thought it was useless...

for othere themes i'll have a look to fonts and colors as suggested by you users.

stay tuned!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to evil85 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 223 | Thanked: 135 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Wish I was in Greece
Evil and D thank you both for your work. One interesting thing I noticed and I am not sure whether it is the theme, the font or customizer itself is when I use SF Orson Casual Medium fonts, it doesn't entirely switch the fonts in the usual fields (only in conversations).

Do you mind trying it out and letting me know if it worked for you?
Attached Files
File Type: zip SF Orson Casual Medium.zip (17.6 KB, 178 views)

here you can find screenshots of white carbon theme

enjoy!
Attached Images