Notices

Great to see all this activity in here... the new version is working great. Thanks for your work!

There's still this small but annoying bug in that if you disable Auto-capitalisation in the Maemo Settings/Text Input menu (which I highly recommend), everything you type in the chat window is in capital letters. You actually have to press the shift key in order to type a small letter. So it's basically the other way around.

The behavior in other apps (as far as I can tell) is as it should be, only yappari seems to be dependent on Auto-capitalisation.

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Dubai, U.A.E.
Ceene, Which icons are we talking about? If you are asking about the main app icon there ill send you right away.

Here is the Yappari Icon with 3 different sizes you mentioned earlier..

YappariIcon.zip

And what about the UI and other suggestions with the name search option like create chat and stuff.? What are your thoughts on the two pane option as well.

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 967 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Madrid, Spain
Originally Posted by BlazingBird View Post
And what about the UI and other suggestions with the name search option like create chat and stuff.? What are your thoughts on the two pane option as well.
Thanks for the files!

Well... any change to the UI will take some time to even start, since I'd rather give priority to known bugs.

My first intention, however, is to read hildon style guidelines and try to adhere better to them, implementing also the ability to start typing contact name to scroll down to that particular chat. That should speed up things a bit.

The two pane option, if implemented, will not be splitted by type of conversation, but just as a 2xN matrix so that twice the information is available at the same time.

Some of the minor changes will be implemented when possible

If you want to donate, please read this. If you still want to donate, contact me via private message or email. Thank you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
Sure. You know better. I hope the bugs get fixed first. Theres always the connection lost and many random crashes which i hope will be taken care of in the next update. Good luck.

Ceene. On which day you will release 2.11?...thanks

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 967 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Madrid, Spain
Originally Posted by rusuck View Post
Ceene. On which day you will release 2.11?...thanks
It's already on extras-devel, but I always like to wait at least a day or two before promoting it to extras-testing, just in case someone sees early a big bug, so I don't expose the majority of you to a non tested version.

In this case, I will promote the package later today, as no one seems to have experienced any regression or dangerous bug. Then, I will post info with changelog and all that.

If you want to donate, please read this. If you still want to donate, contact me via private message or email. Thank you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
Posts: 87 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Brescia, Italy
Can i restore the previous icons? The new ones are really awful for me...

Nokia N810 16 GB
CSSU Stable
Diablo Turbo

Originally Posted by n900hacker View Post
Can i restore the previous icons? The new ones are really awful for me...
Whats wrong with the icons?

Tags
whatsapp, yappari