Active Topics

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
DealExtreme sells this BL-5J compatible battery.
I've bougth it and it works.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
DealExtreme sells this BL-5J compatible battery.
I've bougth it and it works.
No disrespect, but BL-5J form factor Li-ion batteries cannot produce 245mAh. The higher capacity batteries of ca. 1500mAh achieved this by being slightly thicker. So, if your battery is good, it will be between 1300 and 1500mAh. Many batteries with inflated capacity claims oroved to be <1000mAh but some were ok. See the old and still interesting thread on the subject.

Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Have been running PolarCells for years now and I love them. I buy at a new one at least every 1-2 years though.

Last edited by Wasmachinemann-NL; 2017-03-28 at 22:43.

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
No disrespect, but BL-5J form factor Li-ion batteries cannot produce 245mAh. The higher capacity batteries of ca. 1500mAh achieved this by being slightly thicker. So, if your battery is good, it will be between 1300 and 1500mAh. Many batteries with inflated capacity claims oroved to be <1000mAh but some were ok. See the old and still interesting thread on the subject.
Yeah, I know the capacity is not true, it is about half of stated one. Besides this details, the DX battery for N900 works.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following User Says Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
I use double-pack batteries so when my polarcells went from around a combined 3000ma/h to about 1000 in three months and used up completely lasing around 20 hrs in a N900 mostly on standby with a few short calls or checks of email I had no recourse or warranty as I had seriously modded the battery. BTW I didn't apply any heat to the battery when soldering the tabs.
I am actually soldering a double cell battery today from fake Nokia BL-5Js so we will see how they last.

The Following User Says Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Thanks, all, for your responses! Though I must say I'm still a bit confused, as a lot of the reports seem to be conflicting. I guess that's the nature of buying batteries...

Anyhow, I ended up ordering this ONITE battery, which seems to have gotten relatively positive reports. I'll try to remember to report back my experience once I get it and have tried it out...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dovf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 395 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
For anyone using mugen battery cover, the 2610mAh LG (BL-54SG) batteries fit near flush in the back of the cover. With the battery sitting in the cover, I can close it without any gaps around the case.

Food for thought

Originally Posted by azkay View Post
For anyone using mugen battery cover, the 2610mAh LG (BL-54SG) batteries fit near flush in the back of the cover. With the battery sitting in the cover, I can close it without any gaps around the case.

Food for thought
Really? And the terminals match?

Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Originally Posted by Akkumaru View Post
It looks like it will not match from the pictures.

The Following User Says Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 395 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
Originally Posted by Akkumaru View Post
No, you would need to make your own connector. I'll take some pictures when I make mine