Active Topics

Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
The video is really exciting. Are you planning on putting that on Openrepos when it's ready? I have a Yi 2 too, and I think I got it working with the Android application with Alien (haven't tried in months though), but it would be so much better to do the same with a native application.
A release on openrepos is definitely the goal.

Also It'd be good to know if at least some of it is working on a Yi 2 before doing that.

Would you be able to try out a list of things I'd write together for you if I'd send you an .rpm?
Ideally, I'd then prepare a version with loads of debug output for the things not working to start via terminal (or, easier to copy, ssh) for you to test again and send me the output. It would be great if we'd do that on github, but if you don't have an account that's fine for me, as well.

This may bring me some information to make at least some necessary adjustments and may result in the app being actually useful for you and other Yi 2 owners.
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Sure, I would be happy to test but I'm not sure when I'll be able to provide the feedback since I'm having issues with Gstreamer at the moment, and little time to fix them (but I'm trying!).

I have a Github account with the same nickname as here.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Gstreamer fixed, I'm ready to test amd break everything again, Velox!

The Following User Says Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 707 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Italy
The wifi of my YI first edition works for around 1 minute and then disconnets, if you want I can still try to see if it connects with your app!

The Following User Says Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
Hi all!

Sorry for the huge delay, there were some things that needed my attention,
also Nokius and me didn't have the success we'd hoped for regarding the Yi Discovery yet, so I've postponed further action again and again.

But now I have uploaded a build on Github for you guys to test on and created an issue for Yi 2 feedback:
Build: https://github.com/jgibbon/yikes/releases/tag/0.1-1
Yi 2 issue: https://github.com/jgibbon/yikes/issues/15

I may have to put in even more debug output if things don't work, but we'll see.

@claustn do you have a github account?
If so, I'll create another issue for the first Yi – otherwise I'm sure we can manage here.

Thank you so much, folks!

Edit:
Does not look much different than the video further up, but perhaps someone would like to see some screen shots:
Photo mode:

Video mode:
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

Last edited by velox; 2018-10-07 at 15:35.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:

Tags
nexus5, sailfish, sfdroid, xiaomi, xiaomiyi