Notices

Originally Posted by mattiasbäx View Post
I use it to show the top left corner of the facebook page, showing me if i have any new notifications or messages directly on the homescreen! I put the small window it makes over the stock facebook status widget and voila, combining them to a very nice widget! And beside the Oculo screen i put both kasvopus and sociality icons... =)
How do you login to facebook in the widget? For me it just shows the login screen...

when i am roaming, and assuming i have set a schedule for refresh, will it still automatically reload the pages and i get hit with a roaming data charge?

Last edited by droll; 2011-05-16 at 08:14.

Originally Posted by pazitp View Post
How do you login to facebook in the widget? For me it just shows the login screen...
same thing here. how did he do it?? because this uses webkit, separate from microb, facebook thinks this is a mobile browser (i can't use the set user agent control panel add-on to trick facebook). but the thing is - i get logged out once i have set up the widget. thereafter, all i see is a blank screen on the widget.

also, would it be possible to set auto-update times based on time of day? for example, i set my widget to monitor nasdaq stock prices every 30 minutes. however, i don't want the widget to refresh when the US market is closed.

or, i would like the widget to update the weather forecast at exactly 8am everyday

also, perhaps updates can be configured with retries of up to xxxx times before it gives up and shows some text that the update was missed (like superimposed on the widget)?

Last edited by droll; 2011-05-16 at 08:23.

lastly - when i am setting up the widget, there are two buttons at the bottom to resize text. i use them. when the widget setup is completed, i noticed the text size is reset back to default when the widget is displayed on my desktop. can the zoom level be remembered?

Originally Posted by droll View Post
same thing here. how did he do it?? because this uses webkit, separate from microb, facebook thinks this is a mobile browser (i can't use the set user agent control panel add-on to trick facebook). but the thing is - i get logged out once i have set up the widget. thereafter, all i see is a blank screen on the widget.
I opened the original facebook page in Opera (not the touch/mobile version), copy pasted it to Oculo and there i could log in and select the already logged in page as the widget!

still doesn't work for me.....oh well.

how do u guys get the auto update to work? my 3g connection times out after a while of inactivity and oculo doesn't seem to reestablish it when it is time for an update.

Hi,
having waited for this to come out of extras-testing, I've now installed it but the URL entry screen disappears after 2 seconds, which isn't enough time to enter the URL.

I'm running PR1.3, but not the CSSU. Is there a log file somewhere I can look at - it doesn't seem to like running from the terminal?

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
Finally jumped in and tried this widget, I'm loving it (using it to display public transport information). Love some of the suggestions so far, in particular the collapsible widget (though not sure how difficult it would be to implement, haven't seen any other widgets with this feature).

I have a suggestion myself; would it be possible to have configurable string inputs in to the URL that can be controlled via the widget customisation dialog? What I mean is, something like this:

Code:
http://www.yoursite.com/[STRING1]/somepath/[STRING2]
The strings contents would be controllable from the widget setup, and possibly have multiple outputs each time you tapped the widget? This would allow multiple queries in a URL string with the one widget, without having to create separate widgets for each query.

Anyway, just a suggestion, love the app all the same.